PDA

View Full Version : Just an excuse

clbr16685
12-04-11, 13:14
Having read through many of these posts, I cant help feeling that doctors diagnose anxiety as the cause when they just cant figure out what is actually wrong with you.

Does anyone else agree or I am just in total denial of my symptoms which cover just about everything mentioned on this site.

punkprincess19
12-04-11, 14:07
Having read through many of these posts, I cant help feeling that doctors diagnose anxiety as the cause when they just cant figure out what is actually wrong with you.

Does anyone else agree or I am just in total denial of my symptoms which cover just about everything mentioned on this site.

I completely agree with you! I've read 3 different self helps books and although I have most of the anxiety related symptoms I've read about I ALSO have other symptoms which I don't believe are just anxiety! I even changed doctors to get a second opinion but as soon as she saw "anxiety" on my notes she said "oh, yea, it's just anxiety, don't worry"! Don't worry?! If I could stop worrying I would!!!!

I'm on the verge of going to my doctor and demanding some sort of full body test! i'm sick to death of this so called "anxiety"! I'm anxious BECAUSE of my symptoms... the symptoms came first!

I've just started CBT and I'm hoping it helps but I'm not holding my breath asI still believe there is actually something wrong with me, not just anxiety! x