PDA

View Full Version : Supermarkets conquered

Ingenious
12-04-11, 18:42
As I posted earlier I am 6 weeks into Mirtazapine as a replacement for Citalopram which I had been on for 6 months and it really was not working. It was failing to stop large swings into depression and was beginning at higher doses to have other unwanted side effects. I seem to be doing a lot better now and dare I say it, starting to feel rather good about life.

Today I did something quite brave for me, I actually went into Sainsburys which I had not done since last year (I've been using home delivery!). Previously I just was not mentally strong enough to face the crowds, the people, the stress, the hassle. Just the thought of it left me feeling like I was being sucked into a hole in the ground.

I even did some clothes shopping there (AT LAST - jeans that fit since I have put weight on, being on Mirtazapine!).

It went OK - a few stressful moments mostly due to OAPs in the aisles like unguided missiles - am so pleased about it. To get my life back to the point where it's "just a supermarket" is so good. I don't think I'd want to do a complete weekly shop yet - baby steps to start with. The best thing was that I can't recall noticing people - normally I'd be anxious and worrying, who is looking at me, do I look like I'm struggling and so on.

:yesyes:

paula lynne
12-04-11, 18:56
Well done! That is an amazing step forward........some moments arent comfortable but you have to keep going.....would you like me to post to you via Pm my top tips? Ive suffered from panic and agoraphobia for just over ten years. x

You did fantastic! x:yahoo:

Kells81
12-04-11, 18:59
That is brilliant news-congratulations!!

You should be very proud of yourself! I am glad you treated yourself to a new pair of jeans :D.

xx