PDA

View Full Version : Stabbing pains in head

cassy1989
12-04-11, 20:18
Since yesterday on and off I have stabbing pains in my head. They are quite painful when I get them and I am really worrying about it! I have had them before but not for a while and I am scared it is some thing like a brain aneurysm or some thing really wrong in my head!

Any one else had these?

BKF1515
12-04-11, 20:25
I have had stabbing pains in my head before. They get worse with anxiety. I think they are most times related to the neck (as most head pain is). When you have anxiety, stress, etc., your neck tenses up which can cause the pains - even though you only feel them in your head. Try to put a hot pad on your neck or take a warm bath - sure to make you feel better. Good luck!

cassy1989
12-04-11, 20:28
Thank you. The thing is I haven't really been stressed or anxious lately. The pains are on the right side of my head and when I get them they do really hurt. :(

BKF1515
12-04-11, 20:31
Yes, but you never know if it's just delayed stress working its way out in its own time. I have learned that these issues don't always seem logical. I am sure it is not anything serious to do with your head. It it were, you wouldn't be able to read this right now. :)

Taffy
12-04-11, 20:51
I'm suffering from the same pains in the right side of my head and have done on and off for about 2 months. I've been worrying about a brain tumour! However I haven't got any other symptoms other than a very stiff and sore neck and shoulders. I went for an eye check up today and the optician said that everything looks good and there is no ICP in my head, so thats put my mind at rest a little....however I wondering how accurate this can be?? He seemed fairly confident. Any reassurance would be helpful.

Cassy...maybe you could get your eyes looked at as well??

BKF1515
12-04-11, 21:11
Oh, I feel so bad for you - but the pains are probably related to your neck. I was wondering: what is ICP?

Taffy
12-04-11, 21:15
ICP = Intercranial Pressure....Opticians can pick this up during an eye examination, its a possible sign of pressure in the head. Mine is clear so he says.