PDA

View Full Version : Neck Tension , wooshing sound

Zee
12-04-11, 21:22
Was wondering if anyone gets a wooshing sensation across back of neck/base of scalp at random intervals through the day ?
I do suffer with neck and shoulder tension which seems worse in cold or damp/windy weather.
Sometimes though..when I stand or lean, I get the wooshing sensation for a few seconds. Not sure if its across back of neck or coming from ears??

KK77
12-04-11, 21:40
Could be your BP dropping if it's when you stand from seated/lying position and the 'whooshing' sound in ears can accompany this. There's a bundle of sensory nerves at the back of head/top of neck so weird sensations are common and can also include head/brain zaps. I felt freaked out when this first happened to me - I had the full panoply of symptoms - but I take no notice these days tbh.

If you're worried, however, you should speak to your doctor, just to be on the safe side.

Zee
13-04-11, 14:30
Thanks melancholia.. My pulse rate doesnt change on the few occassions this has happened.Its only when my shoulders/neck are very tense. I know that I have a shoulder impingement and very tense in right trapezius muscle.

oldtime
13-04-11, 14:54
I cracked my neck in bed by turning my head to one side. I had a whoosh that rippled through my brain, I thought I was having a stroke or something.

BKF1515
13-04-11, 15:52
The neck connects with muscles that are on the outside of the brain but cause all sorts of sensations that can scare you. Are you okay now? Probably everything is very tense. Feel better soon.

Sizzler
02-06-13, 02:26
Zee - did you ever get relief from that annoying swooshing (or sizzling, as I call it) sensation at the back of your neck?

Libra
04-07-15, 21:23
Found this old thread..Ive had that sensation and it just happens occasionally when my shouders and neck are tense.