PDA

View Full Version : pure o returning

bobbbyone
13-04-11, 09:33
Hi
i was at work about 2 weeks ago when i had a massive panic attack . then as the weeks have gone on started getting them at home.i have booked some time off and have visited the docters as i was getting intrusive thoughts.I have been on chlompramine (anafranil) for 4 years now.And was on seroquel for about 6months at the start and weaned myself off them.What brought it on last time was the death of my father and breakup from partner.I became totally well again after 4months.
The docter has put me on 50mg seroquel at night and i am on my 5th day and im returning to work tommorrow.i seem to be really uptight and feel like telling everyone to get lost.I am a single father and really need to be coping.I have met a girl who i like very much and have started seeing each other.I dont want to tell her of my affliction as i hope i can get better off the meds in a few months.Is this sensible or should i tell her now.I think what brought it on was being overstressed at work as my place of work is going through a big change and they have piled more work on to me pluss starting new relationship.I HOPE THESE MEDS HELP LIKE THEY DID LAST TIME ! THEY TOTALLY CURED ME.ANYONE GOING THROUGH THE SAME . DO I NEED TO GIVE THE SEROQUEL TIME TO WORK AND HOW LONG AS I HAVE FORGOT HOW I FELT LAST TIME.
kind regards
BOBBYONE

nomorepanic
13-04-11, 09:35
Hi bobbbyone

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.

pinkdove
13-04-11, 09:58
:)hi there, you have to give any ad time to work, but if it made you better the last time there is no reason why it should'nt this time, be patient and don't be to hard on yourself. give it time and look forward to your new relationship, and if you feel you have to, tell your girlfriend, it might help with your recovery, i take citalopram and it has taken time, but at last is making me feel better, look forwards and try not to dwell too much on the past, you can do it, just give it time. good luck

bobbbyone
13-04-11, 10:29
Hi pink dove
is your affliction pure o.
bobby

pinkdove
13-04-11, 17:33
Hi Bobby, no it is't and i have to confess i have never heard of pure o. i do hope i have'nt said anything that might upset you, my condition is anxiety and depression, which i am working through at the moment, i'm sorry if my answer to your post was not relevant to you. take care:hugs: