PDA

View Full Version : no periods since last october !!

honeyp1e
13-04-11, 13:52
last august my anxiety hit an all time high & i lot all appetite which lasted a few months anyway to the point i lost a lot of weight and my periods stopped however i have started eating again now not fully back to normal but am getting there also my anxiety has settled to what is was as i have now started citalopram am just wondering how long do i have to wait till my periods come back again i get all the period pains & everything at my normal time of month just no period ????

nomorepanic
13-04-11, 14:03
There is no answer to this. When I was ill mine stopped for 7 months but everyone is different and we just can't tell you I am afraid.

JaneC
13-04-11, 18:36
Nicola's right honeyp1e, we are all different. I my case it took quite a long time for for my periods to come back after I had anorexia, but they'd also been stopped a lot longer than yours have. I hope they return soon - but don't worry if it doesn't happen immediately x

honeyp1e
13-04-11, 20:09
Nicola's right honeyp1e, we are all different. I my case it took quite a long time for for my periods to come back after I had anorexia, but they'd also been stopped a lot longer than yours have. I hope they return soon - but don't worry if it doesn't happen immediately x

i look like i have anorexia as i am so thin but was all down to my loss of appetite when having a bad time with my anxiety i just hope my body starts to get back to normal soon but am still not eating enough xx

blueangel
14-04-11, 09:04
Might be able to help with a bit of the answer to this. Evidently we are programmed for our periods to stop if we lose a lot of weight - I suppose it's to help protect us from becoming pregnant when we're not strong enough to withstand it. For every woman, there is an equilibrium weight at which periods will stop (or start again if you put weight back on), but that weight will vary for everyone. As you manage to put weight on, you should find that everything returns to normal.