PDA

View Full Version : After CBT as Ended

honeybee3939
12-04-06, 15:44
Hi,

I have been to see the Clinical Pyscologist today, as my CBT had come to a end and he had refered me to see her. I am still struggling with my thought pattern but after seeing the CBT theropist and reading and taking tips from Nics Diary i feel i am making steady progress after struggling with Agorphobia for around 10 years. My challenges while seeing the CBT was to be able to walk round the street, go to my local store and go to the minibank machine, i feel i have achieved those now and want to make bigger challenges a little at a time one of those is to be able to drive my car through traffic lights and road works at the end of the road.

I was really pleased with my visit with the Pchycologist as i felt after having my course of CBT theropy i was now on my own, but she is refering me to a group course for panic relief, and also which i think is a great idea and never heard of before is a referal to Community Link. She explained that Community link was like having a friend. They are qualified theropists who deal with Panic, they take you out places and when you feel like you are going to panic they talk you through it.
Have any of you come across Community Link before?
She said i should get a letter in about 2 to 3 weeks, so i am going to keep concentrating on the thought pattern till then.
Andrea
xxxx

Sus
12-04-06, 18:36
Hey Honeybee, do most people go on to see someone after CBT?? Just asking cause I have what is supposed to be my last CBT appt in a week or so and I worried about what to do after that too. I find it so helpful even though we just talk. Sus

honeybee3939
12-04-06, 20:54
Hi sus,

I wasnt realy sure what would happen when the CBT ended, on my last appointment we discussed what progress i had made and how i could carry on doing CBT on my own. I had CBT on the NHS and he decided to transfer me to a Mental Health Group Centre for a assessment to see what futher help would benefit me. if you are having CBT on the NHS maybe you could ask your theropist or doctor what help there is in your area.

Good luck

Love Andrea
xxx

Louise
19-04-06, 08:11
Hello, I had CBT several years ago for Panic Disorder, I found it v useful and it did bring my awareness to the negative thoughts that fuel the panics. But when it ended, it ended. That is the problem with the NHS, they have such a massive waiting list you are very much on a conveyor belt. However, I have improved no end over the years, and am interested in the support group you mentioned as I've never heard of such a facility being available. Incidentally, yesterday I had my first session with an NLP practitioner, she is very much on my case, I'm paying privately (£30 a session), and I feel confident that she will be able to help me further along the recovery route. Personally I don't subscribe to the quick fax idea, for me it has been a long long road but I've learnt a lot along the way.