PDA

View Full Version : Shaking knees walking down stairs

rtb
13-04-11, 23:23
Does anyone else experience shaking/weakness in the knees when walking down stairs? I have no problem walking up stairs but my legs will often shake when I walk down...it's worrying me as I keep thinking about ms or ALS...

Anxious_gal
14-04-11, 13:17
are you unfit? my legs shake because the muscles get tired.

rtb
14-04-11, 14:55
Nope, would go to the gym 4 times a week before symptoms started. Do have a desk job though...

Anxious_gal
14-04-11, 23:42
its it only walking down the stairs? I would maybe mention it to your doctor next time your day :)

rtb
15-04-11, 13:40
Nobody else suffer from this? It can also happen when pressing down hard on the clutch pedal of a car.

Anxious_gal
16-04-11, 01:51
I would say the shaking is caused by muscles, unless maybe you have weak ligaments around you knees or maybe worked out too hard at the gym?

Jayuk
19-04-11, 17:18
I have this :) I know the stairs and clutch!

BigDaz
19-04-11, 20:19
Yeah I get this a lot when stressed. It's much more noticeable going down steps or even just going down a slope. Not sure of the cause, other than stress, adrenaline can make your muscles shake so it may be that. It's definitely one of those "the more you think about it, the worse it gets" symptoms which I guess it wouldn't be if it was anything like ms.

I drive a Smart which has an automatic clutch. I'd never go back to a manual clutch now, too much like hard work :)

ZD
18-02-12, 17:46
I get weak shaking knees it's just to do with your lower back and muscles being tired , a chiropractor will help you with this and that's what a doctor will suggest and no you don't have any thing seriously wrong with you it's just muscles relaxing I m sure
Love
Zoe xx

sam66
18-02-12, 18:35
my legs shake going down stairs but are fine going up, thats a weird new thing :/

ZD
20-02-12, 23:43
hey hunny , its just your muscles , you know our entire body is protected by muscles , and half of them we probably dont use very often , you have nothing to worry about i get the same coming down but not going up and the more you think about it the more you will do it . So next time you come down the stairs i know this sounds silly but try it for a while , you remember when we were little we used to sit down the stairs one at a time ??? or am i that old !!!! lol . try and you ll soon forget xxx hope this helps
big hug :bighug1:
zoe xx

llllXllll
04-10-12, 14:04
Had to reply to this.
i have ms, when walking downstairs i get alot of shaking, in my knees,
walking upstairs i have to rest at the top.
dont be afraid to have anything odd looked into,
its always better to be safe than sorry.
ive had my ms 10 years, only found out about it last year, by luck.
now i have an explanation for soo many odd things.
good luck.

Anxious lu
04-10-12, 23:31
I had this for a period of time. Especially walking diwn stairs. I had it so bad one that when I walked down 4 flights my legs were trembling when I stopped. It doesn't do it so much now and was at a period where things in my life were all changing new job, new home, Uni.. So maybe linked with anxiety as that effects muscles.