PDA

View Full Version : Started cbt today

Eva May
13-04-11, 23:36
First session today. She said I have a phobia of fear which I suppose is obvious :shrug: She asked me what is so bad about being stuck as I am so scared of being stuck in traffic or far from home or on a train so I avoid all of these things all the time. Anyway the only answer I could come up with was getting a panic attack is what's so bad about being stuck. I'm not sure how to get around that to make it less of a really really really bad thing, not sure exactly what she wanted from me there.

Tyke
14-04-11, 18:01
Hi Eva May

I suppose she's trying to find out if there is a reason why you might be more likely to panic in those situations - if you've had a bad experience before, or if there is a particular thing you worry about happening that triggers the panic. I think for many of us we just worry about panicking away from what we consider to be a safe place without any particular reason. We remember all too well the horrible feelings that go with the panic and are afraid of it happening in a place where we feel more vulnerable. I think it's often a case of overcoming the fear of the panic more than anything else.

Best of luck with the CBT.

Tyke

Eva May
14-04-11, 22:46
Hi Tyke. That sounds about right, just haven't a clue how to stop being afraid

Lindy
01-05-11, 17:42
I hated my first few sessions of cbt, stick with it, it will start to make sense eventually :)