PDA

View Full Version : hellooooo from norfolk

paul009
24-03-04, 13:06
hi all
my names paul (i bet you had already worked that one out) ive suffered from panic attacks for 7 years now but i feel im on the mend, its taken a long long time but i'm getting there slowley, i had a very stressfull job back then and thats what triggered them off.
im married two kids one dog two goldfish and three cats. who all think im mad !!!!!!!!
fantastic site and its great to know we are not alone to anyone reading this who has just started having P.As it will get better but it takes time and energy
best of luck
paul
norfolk nutter[:o)]

renea
24-03-04, 13:35
Welcome Paul. I just want to welcome you and let you know that there are alot of helpful people here. You will like it. The forums have helped me alot just by knowing that i'm not alone. I also like going to the chat room. Everyone is so nice. I hope you like it here.
Renea xxxx

paul009
24-03-04, 13:43
hi renea
thanks for the welcome:D ive been using the internet for some time now to find out all i can about panic attacks and it has really helped

paul
[:o)]

twister
24-03-04, 14:05
Welcome Paul this site is great and you'll find the answers to any questions you have!

Emily

paul009
24-03-04, 14:10
afternoon twister/emily
i was hoping i could help others by answering some of there problems. ive been getting better and better for the last six months now. my panic attacks could last all day in the past and the first thing i thought of everyday when i woke up is "when" will it happen and by the time i had got downstairs with the kids screaming i would start, but no more ive cant remember being this happy for years

no one REMEMBER no one has ever died from having a panic attack.ok troops be carefull out there

Meg
24-03-04, 16:21
Dear Paul,

All help gratefuly received . We're a growing community and everyone has a valuable contribution no matter where you are in your recovery.

I'm fortunate that I'm through and now fine and can help others in retrospect and with hind sight plus have the benefit of my medical background and some very regular members who are getting there currently, are a great help at the here and now.

So post away Paul.

Welcome on board .

Meg

Watch your thoughts, they become your words...
Watch your words, they become your actions... Watch your actions, they become your habits... Watch your habits, they become your character... Watch your character, it becomes your destiny...

kate
24-03-04, 19:54
Hiya Paul,

Welcome to the site and glad to hear that you are doing so well.

Kate x

me
24-03-04, 20:12
Hi paul yippee someone from Norfolk, im a norfolk girl!! its great to see you on the site its wonderful, full of fab advice and wonderful people. its great to hear your doing well. keep in touch from mary

nomorepanic
24-03-04, 22:17
Hi Paul

Welcome to the site. So glad to hear that you are doing so well and we would really appreciate any help you can offer. Thanks

x

Nicola

Brownie
25-03-04, 02:55
Hey paul,
welcome to the site. You'll get lots of help here, everyone is great.
Its wonderful to hear your doing so well. Hope to see you on the forum and the chat:)

-Christie[:I]

paul009
25-03-04, 11:16
well hello everyone that has said hello, me so good to hear that im not the only nutter in norfolk !!!!
i dont know if any of you have tried this but it sure works for me without fail
if you feel a panic attack coming on try your not going to belive this
2 bananas and half a pint of milk
it works for me everytime and i know have panic free days
its how i start my day
shopping aint a problem no more, im flying to Ireland tomorrow with my son who is playing rugby in Ballymena and for the first time in years im not worried about it
give it a go you never know it might just work for you

P.S if anyone from fyffes is reading this i want a share of the profit !!!!!!!

no one REMEMBER no one has ever died from having a panic attack.ok troops be carefull out there

me
25-03-04, 12:16
Paul you sound so good.....good on yer. Im going to give the banana and milk a go, thankyou for sharing it with us. Hope you and your son have fun in Ireland take care from mary

paul009
25-03-04, 12:20
mary i would never have belived it would work but know i swear by it
take this morning woke up feeling a bit rough (think im getting a cold) normally that would have been enoughh to set off an attack. but today nothing been into town done a bit of shopping and feel great:D

roll out the guiness paul is about to hit Ireland fine style[8D]

Meg
25-03-04, 15:23
I'm not suprised at all . Protein and complex carbs.Brilliant start to the day . Some peoples anxiety stems from a swinging sugar level.

Its worth eating little and often when you're acute anyway as panic takes up so much ready energy and puts additional stress on your endocrine system.

I don't go anywhere without a bag of dried fruit and nuts and ensure I eat regularly even just a handful makes all the difference if this is one of your issues. Simple sugars are worth avoiding as they just add to the problem.

Meg

Watch your words, they become your actions... Watch your actions, they become your habits... Watch your habits, they become your character... Watch your character, it becomes your destiny...

Bryn Powell
26-03-04, 08:19
Thanks Paul and Meg, you've just explained my obsession for bananas! I take three with me whenever I leave the house. If I forget, I am unreasonably annoyed. If my cleaner eats one of my bananas, I am unreasonably angry (I don't mind if she eats any other fruit.)
Thank God we've found something to help us that's neither addictive nor harmful.
Cheers...Bryn

me
26-03-04, 21:53
Oh lucky thing going to wonderful Ireland. Didnt get a chance to try the banana drink today but will have a go tomorrow.... mind you the guiness sounds better ha ha.Take care from mary

Rennie1989
27-03-04, 20:31
welcome to the site paul

I see u have a great sence of humour, lol

Scooter Girl

or

Jade

red
28-03-04, 12:28
Hi Paul! Welcome aboard sir, hope you are getting loads of advice and tips from her, as everyone does. Isn't it great to know that you are not on your own or going mad? Lots of people think I am mad too - but not in the mental illness sense of the word.

Anyone who can't eat bananas for some reason or like me who has to watch the carb content can get the same effect from a boiled egg and wholemeal toast for breakfast or a bowl of porridge at any time to stave of the blood glucose fluctuations.

Great sense of humour - love it! Keep posting.

Red
x

me
28-03-04, 20:24
Hi yer Paul, only Mary here. Just a quick note to say hope you are well and have had a great weekend, how was the guiness? Take care from Mary

paul009
29-03-04, 10:38
MORNING TROOPS
how are we all??????
well the weekend was great thanks, the boys did not win anything apart from a load of new friends but thats all that matters
i did have a panic attack and it was one from the depths of hell[}:)]
now i know i had far to much to drink over the weekend so i only have myself to blame but yesterday (sun) we flew back, i woke up and felt fine but that didnt last

on the mini bus to the airport i could start to feel myself tensing up and knew what was going to happen, i was up late had no brerakfast and nothing to drink. by the time i had got in the airport it was well on its way.the flight home was awful could not wait for the plane to land and get to my car

i had given one of the other dads and his son a lift to the airport just as we entered the terminal at Stanstead the little boy turned round to his dad and said "dad ive left my passport on the plane" i could have screamed the attack was getting worse by the second and it took the airline 2HOURS to get the passport back

i then had a 90 minute drive back to Norwich and all i wanted to do was get home and feel safe
so thanks easyjet for making yesterday i will never forget

ok rant over lets all get back to work" there is nothing to see here" " please move on"

the norfolk nutter

[:o)][:o)][:o)][:o)][:o)]

me
29-03-04, 12:53
oh paul, you do make me laugh, im sitting here reading about your weekend stuffing myself spitting out crumbs........oh bless you, you sound like you had a right old time with the plane, passports and panics.... but you did it, keep us smiling take care from mary

paul009
29-03-04, 13:07
hi me or is it you???
god now i do feel crazy like im talking to myself !!!!
ive got a handy vac that gets rid of all the crumbs from betweeen your keys on your keyboard so spit away girl and give us a shout if you want to borrow it

i could have throttled the little #%@^*(*&^$%^^^&&^^%^&&
but yes its funny looking back now
the lady behind me in boots at the airport must have thought she was stood next to a real nutter as i queued to get some milk to drink i must have left the queue and rejoined 7 times before i finally got round to paying for it
i was just going to walk out with it at one point but a rather large police man with an even bigger gun was stood right outside

keep it sane folks

paul

Meg
29-03-04, 13:29
Dear Paul,

No Fyffes in ROI ?

Even though I consider myself recovered, I never leave home without a nut and dried fruit mix. It's saved a many an hour.

We all do things we know will not be helpful tomorrow. It then becomes a damage limitation exercise and resolutions to take better care next time - until the next time !

Hope you're feeling fine again now .

Meg

paul009
29-03-04, 13:34
afternoon radar
im having a great day thanks, its good to feel normal again. if you could ever call me normal

ill remember you tip on the nuts and dried fruit do peanuts work?

cheers paul

bluebird1
29-03-04, 13:48
Hi, Paul,
I don't know if you have come across the chatroom yet but you sound a really cheery bloke and we like a laugh, most people tend to get there after 9pm although its open all day.:)
lyn

paul009
29-03-04, 15:40
hello bluebird i did stumble into the chatroom once or twice but found i was the only one in there

so im off to change my aftershave and ill report back and see if that helps
nice to meet you

Meg
29-03-04, 17:42
Yes they would work Paul. Keep to the natural ones so you're not overloading with fats and salt.

Meg

kizzy
29-03-04, 17:43
Hi Paul,glad to see you have got over the nasty attack ok,
think your sense of humour would get you through most things
good on yer
kiz

me
31-03-04, 11:16
paul youve done it again ....ive just spat out my drink with laughing so much i think its great you can laugh about all this stuff you sound like a great person thanks again for cheering me up take care from mary

paul009
31-03-04, 16:07
bugger me ,me theres that echo again
if we didnt laugh we would all be in the looney bin and belive me i dont look good in a straight jacket i find the clips chafe:D
but seriously part of our problem is we take on board far to much sit down worry about it then get ourselves in a right old 2 and 8

i tried to have a panic attack this lunch time but i was far to busy so ive told it to re-book another appointment at a later date and ill see if i can fit one in (little does he know while his gone im going to move) see if he can find me then !!!!!

remember a chuckle a day keeps the panic away

sarah
31-03-04, 23:42
Hiya Paul

Good on you for being too busy for a panic today...thats the spirit mate, sounds like you are on the right track!

If you are right about the chuckle a day thing..keep posting, you are doing us a world of good...lol

love Sarah
xx

paul009
01-04-04, 11:39
morning sarah
im far to busy to panic today too
just been to the cash and carry no problem or so i thought, just as i was getting to the end of my list i could feel myself tighten up and thought "oh no not again" got to the till did the usuall dance from foot to foot everyone in the queue was starting to move away and give me space, just as i paid and thought "well done your out of here" the young lady said"sorry sir i have no change, can you wait while i ring upstairs for some?" oh no why me!!!!!! i looked in the till and said "give me my 7.20 in 20p ad 10s she looked at me funny but then im used to that i repeated what i had said and she did bless her but as i was walking out trying to balance everything on my trolly i had that much change in my pocket my jeans started to fall down[:I]
ok big decision save all the bottles of beer or save my blushes[:I]
ill let you decide what i did

catch you all later
and no i dont have any pictures of the moment
remember chuckle now relax later

sarah
01-04-04, 11:48
hey paul

Well im guessing as you are a guy im gonna say you saved the beer...lol

nice one for sucessfully negociating the cash and carry, dont you just hate it when they havent got change? Its always that or needing to change the flaming till roll when its my turn too.

love Sarah
xx

paul009
01-04-04, 12:54
so you think i would walk around the cash and carry with my trousers round my ankles just to save a few poxy bottles of beer!!!!!!!!!!!

you already know me so well thats exactly what i did

"oh bother" said pooh as the pin fell out the hand grenade

me
03-04-04, 13:54
hi yer paul its great to hear your ok and thank goodness you saved the beer have a great weekend take care from mary

me
03-04-04, 13:56
sorry paul all that talk of you losing your trousers has given me a turn.... ive started to repeat myself.... opps take care from mary

nomorepanic
04-04-04, 19:41
Paul

What a site you must have been but I am glad you saved the beer.[8D]

As for the trousers falling down well I hope you didn't shock any poor old grannies.[8)]

I have been reading your posts and you have a great sense of humour so keep it up [:p]

Nicola

paul009
05-04-04, 09:49
morning troops
hope you all had a great weekend with plenty of chuckles???
well the school holidays are here so really dont have time to panic for the next two weeks:D

take care talk to you all soon

norfolk nutter

nomorepanic
05-04-04, 13:30
Paul

I had a productive weekend - finished decorating the bedroom now.

All I need to do now is find the next project to keep me busy!!

If the kids are off school then the roads will be quieter getting to work so that is cool!

Nicola

paul009
05-04-04, 16:59
yeah the roads are quite but the kids are driving me round the bend
anybody want three kids free to a good home??????

nomorepanic
05-04-04, 20:40
Oh 3 kids - hmmm - let me think ....[8)]

Ok no thanks - lol[:p]

Nicola

me
07-04-04, 10:18
paul sounds like you are having a busy easter holiday....keep the good work up take care from mary