PDA

View Full Version : moving sensation

linda a
14-04-11, 03:25
hi all iam sorry to post but iam really scared right now ive had constant symptoms 9 months
i feel like iam moving but not or when i look around i feel in motion really strange and iam lightheaded 24/7,,, plzz is this anxiety
i do have allergies ,,,,,this moving feeling is freaking me ou t
i also get eye floaters and like eyes dont want to focus

Anxious_gal
14-04-11, 04:14
are you experiencing dizziness?
Common reasons are anxiety, change in pressure in your ears that can be caused by clenching your jaw too and other harmless reasons :)
I've got issues with my wisdom teeth whcih affects my ears which makes me feel like I'm moving when I'm not, It makes me felt a bit faint,lightheaded, sometimes it is pretty instense.
Floaters are just caused by the jelly in your eyes I think, I have had them for years and they are totally harmless x
read this, it might help http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/articles/symptoms/
it might be worth a visit to your doctor if your feeling lighted all day long every day.
make sure your eating well, maybe take some b vitamins, omega 3 is helpful too for anxiety.

linda a
14-04-11, 04:35
thank you for responding hun ive been drs alot i mean alot ent dr 7 times he looks in ears say they are fine they look good no fluid and ive had ears checked well looked in 49 times ent said i have allergies but he said he thought more anxiety but iam unsure ...iam really freaked out by this its like when i look around i feel funy in motion or something kinda like its from vision...
went to gp he checked inner ear by having me throw my self back and look to left and again to right he said not inner ear iam so confushed could allergies bad vision or anxiety really do this 24/7 for 9 months

Eternity
14-04-11, 05:18
Hi
Is there any possibility it could be vertigo? I developed this a few years ago and it's horrible, if you're standing up it's almost like a sea sick feeling, as if the ground is moving under you and everything is moving around you. I know that people say this comes from the inner ear but it's not necessarily true, I was checked by my doctor who confirmed it was vertigo but came out of nowhere. Not sure if this will help.

linda a
14-04-11, 18:26
thank but no that is my fear my number 1 fear iam afraid these feelings will turn to vertigo i hear that word see that word think that word i go straight into panic attack

countrygirl
14-04-11, 19:49
Hi do you have a tense neck - I am sure loads of people on here will be fed up of me posting this but so many people don't know about it so here goes - tension in your neck muscles for any reason from injury to anxiety can mean your inner ear gets wrong signals sent to it becuase you have balance receptors in your neck muscles and bones and this can cause constant feeling of unsteadiness or as if you are leaning to one side or at its worst the dreaded vertigo.

I have slipped disc and bad arthrtis in my neck and a trapped nerve so this combined with anxiety is not good:) I had many many years where I constantly felt as if I was walking on soft wobbly ground and I would get spells of true vertigo lasting from a few seconds to 10 mins these vertigo attacks would happen say 3 times a week for 2 weeks then go away for months at a time. BUT as I say I have a severe condition affecting my neck muscles but my husband has general wear and tear due to age and he has also started to feel unsteady some days when his neck aches.

I am not saying you have a neck problem at all as the most common reason for this is just tension in the neck muscles - this info is from my neurosurgeon.

lindajane1971
14-04-11, 22:15
Hello Linda, im Linda lol

I feel the exact same as you, its bloody awful :(
i would describe it the same, the constant feeling like you are slightly lightheaded, ive also described it like -
youve had a drink or two but you have not
like youve spun round quickly but you have not
like your always slightly swaying, but your not!
I sometimes feel like im going to tip over.

i also feel like if i move my head round quickly it takes a split second for what im seeing to "catch up" thats the only way i can describe it.
Sometimes watching certain things on tv makes me feel it, like if the camera on a programme or film goes round in a circle it makes me feel the same way.

The doctor told me it was motion sickness and slight vertigo but i got nothing for it. Ive had this for almost 3 years and i am trying to live with it but its very difficult.

i do feel tense ALL the time, im always on "alert" waiting for it to start again. In fact thats why im on here tonight, started to feel it a hour or so ago and i felt anxiety creaping in so came on here to find some comfort - and i found this post!

Glad im not the only one going through this!

Linda

Anxious_gal
14-04-11, 23:21
Vertigo is a specific medical term used to describe the sensation of spinning or having one's surroundings spin about them. Many people find vertigo very disturbing and often report associated nausea and vomiting. It represents about 25% of cases of occurrences of dizziness

I would think vertigo could be ruled out since you had a check up and they checked you ears, there is a type of vertigo that comes under migraine, but for it to be that you'd have to have headaches too and its not some thing the doctors can 100% diagnose it.

For vertigo caused by calcium crstyals in your ear there is "Canalith Repositioning Procedure" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IPUmDCyd5ZA&feature=related

it could also be anxiety and general tension related.
The last option if you get desperate could be a CT or MRI scan,

it could also be your eyes, I so need to get mine tested, as lately if im reading and then look around it takes a few seconds for my vision to stop being fuzzy and refocus.

Countrygirl is right it could be your neck too, or TMJ too,

Linda your so talking about me, I think cause of my wisdom issues its affecting my ear, I always had dizziness and sometimes had to lay down, but lately i get dizzy watching tv just like you said!

I get falling and then floating, up and down sensations, it's so annoying when your walking :(

linda a
15-04-11, 01:50
:emot-crying:hi guys ty linda countrygirl and all who responded
i have been to the doctors like alot more than i should i have had my ears looked in 50 times they say ears are good no fluid no infection and no retraction,,, i asked dr if inner he said no he did a test where i throw mu self back and he catches head and turns me to left then right he said not inner ear so i went to ent 7 times he did allergy testing but he didnt think it was cause, because i have n fluid in ears but iam always little stuffy...and been to other dr who said it wasnt allergies cause i have no fluid in ears soiam so confushed :ohmy:......... i have also been to eye dr cause i always needed glasses since kid never wore glasses so eye dr said it wasnt from eyes he said bad eyes only cause blurriness n heaadaches....but my vision is funny i guess from anxiety,,,so i dont know i had 3 neuro test passed... my fear is eyes allergies or a fear it will turm into vertigo :ohmy::scared11: ive had these symptoms 9 months......i just want it to go away so in your all opions is it anxiety or more