PDA

View Full Version : Just to say hello guys

pinkdove
14-04-11, 11:27
Hi everyone, I have been a member on nmp for just a week now, although i have used the site for 6 months to help me through my illness. Where to start? I became ill last year with anxiety which led to depression, it was the worst experience of my life, in october i started citalopram at 10mg, awfull for the first few weeks, so many side effects, i have slowly had my dose increased to 50mg (been on that dose for 8 weeks) and although i am feeling better, i am not quite where i want to be. my phyc doc said i could raise to 60mg, but i'm not sure what to do. My life now is so much better, as last summer i spent most of my time in bed, which led to agrophobia, my husband has been brilliant, I just want to feel totally "normal" again, so i will continue on the meds and see if things improve, i also use a relaxation cd to help with the mornings, and do go out now, have even been for a meal,just wanted to let all you guys know that your advice and help has been a life saver for me,as it is nice to know you are not suffering alone :hugs:

nomorepanic
14-04-11, 11:28
Hi pinkdove

A huge warm welcome to nmp.

You'll get loads of advice and support here and make some lovely friends along the way.

Best wishes

mrsmidgley
14-04-11, 17:40
Hi pinkdove, i can totally understand where you are coming from i too am agrophobic although CAN go out if someone is with me for short bursts, AND if i had an alcoholic drink :0( not good i know. Also i am currently being assessed for bipolar too. Its a struggle isnt it? but lots of support and a site like this well get us through hey ?:) xxxxxxx Tracie. xxx

Vanilla Sky
14-04-11, 21:07
Hi and welcome to NMP :welcome:
Paige x

Spidergirl
13-05-11, 22:29
:welcome:

Spidergirl

Veronica H
14-05-11, 00:02
:welcome:to NMP. Glad you are making a steady recovery.

Vx