PDA

View Full Version : Different Symptoms EVERYDAY... Driving me CRAZY

nrowe2
14-04-11, 14:57
Hello,

I haven't been on here for ages as I kinda sorted myself out..And realised I was actually ok..But I seem to have had different symptoms every week and I always manage to Link them together.to create a MONSTER disease...Its starting to ruin my life.. I'll really briefly bullet point my
Symptoms:

June 2010- Had an aura Migrane- Which effected my speech (thought i was hving a stroke to rushed myself into A&E- Slightly embarrassing!!)

July 2010 after this episode I then developed double vision (as I had a squint when I was younger) Spent 6 months in an out of hospitalfor tests..They still say everythings fine? no conclusion

June-December 2010- Suffered really bad derealization and anxiety mainly just general...IBS and Neck/Shoulder Tension ..Kinda main Anxiety things which were manageable

FEB-March 2011 (last Month ) I split up with my boyfriend after 7 years... Got a really bad dose of Flu (was convinced I had HIV as my boyfriend went with someone else... and I got BAD flu two weeks after sleeping with him... I googled and had the symptoms!!!) ... And couldn't move my arms alot (Thats still the same now) I went to the doctors who said it was so unlikely and just told me to think positive and stop worrying but wouldn't give me a test or anything???

April 2011 (NOW)..I have no discovered a hard bony lump behind my ear...on the Mastoid bone...It was totally painless untill i started touching it alot..It now feels tender... I've read that this can be from your body fighting infections.. My throat is really sore too...No one I know has the flu and I feel like I have got HIV or something as Ive been ill for nearly 2 months..I'm so so scared and sick of being scared :( And my doctor just shrugs it off saying i'm healthy ect :(

I'm only 23 and am generally fit and healthy (apart from my array of stupid symptoms)

If anyone has the same?

Nat xx

suzy-sue
14-04-11, 15:24
Hi I honestly dont think you would have HIV .but why not pop to your STD clinic and get a test done .It will reassure you .You have neck tension and this can be responsible for the arm problems ,I get the same .I have a worn disc in my neck that causes reffered numbness and pain .The lump behind your ear is nothing to fret over and will become sore if you poke it .I also used to get a lot of sore throats when my Anx was bad .Once you become more relaxed it will clear up .Sometimes you just get a sore throat it doesnt mean anything serious is wrong with you .You ve had a bad time of it and Stress and upset will make you Anxious .It will also give you the symptoms you describe .Im sure if your Dr thought you were ill he would do something ,its more than his job is worth not to .But if you are really convinced you need a test go and get one as I previously suggested .But im sure its not necessary from what youve said .Take care and try to relax a bit and stop focusing on your symptoms ..luv Sue xx:hugs:

nrowe2
15-04-11, 10:28
Thank you Sue...You are totally right..its so funny that when I go to the doctors I feel relieved and fine for days/weeks..Then I'll get another symptom and the Anxiety starts all over again ..

I think it's because I think I have quite weird symptoms and always fear the worst.. I add all my symptoms up and convince myself 100% theres something dramatically wrong... Sometimes I think we just need a bit of perspectiive!

Thanks Again xxx