PDA

View Full Version : Angina ,pls help

Willbrand
15-04-11, 06:39
Does anybody here knows about angina? How does it feel? Coz my chest pains are getting worst and getting more and more anxiuos

anitaa
05-05-11, 23:13
hi ive got the angina prob at mo! well i havnt got it i think i have as i have had chest pains for 2mths, docs told me its a pulled muscle but as the stabbing ach is not going im working myself into a panic everyday!:scared15:

have you been to docs? have you had any checks carried out to put your mind at rest, i think angina is discribed as like a tight band around your chest but you also get tight chest when panicing about it!

sometimes when you panic it makes the pain ten times worse xx

nomorepanic
05-05-11, 23:47
It depends where your chest pains are as well

ronski
06-05-11, 16:41
Angina can be felt differently in most people, it is usually felt in the centre of the chest and sometimes to the left of centre. It sometimes radiates to the neck, shoulders, arms, jaw, teeth or back. Very occasionally it is felt in the epigastric area. Mostly it is a pain that is deep seated but impossible to place. The clue to wether the pain could be heart related is that it gets worse with exertion and better with rest but again there are so many causes of chest pain including anxiety that only a qualified doctor should diagnose it.
Most people with anxiety have a condition called costochondritis which can be sharp and very painful. Push on your chest area where the pain is felt and if you can reproduce it then that's what it probably is. I hope this helps
One thing that may help is that angina is known as natures gift to man. Because angina is not fatal it is seen as a warning sign that your heart needs help, without it a heart attack eventually would be imminent and that is a lot more serious in nature. But as with us health anxiety sufferers this may not help but let's hope so.

Willbrand
07-05-11, 13:27
hi tnx for the reply got my results from 2 ecgs and stress echo test all came back normal and had some bloodwork too ,doc said anxiety and acid reflux,im doin much better now but the pain is still there sometimes.