PDA

View Full Version : internal buzzing/tremors/vibrating??

sparkle_1979
15-04-11, 10:26
well for the last 7 or 8 mths at night I feeling like my whole inside is vibrating or buzzing..like someone has turned a car engine on inside me. It's ruining my life as I can not sleep and being pregnant and having a toddler to cope with is becoming so hard and I feel like Im existing rather than living the great life I was before this came along. I convince myself its something serious.

please if you have it tell me its nothing and how to cope with this? It's every night (used to be just a few ) and its all night. I wake up with it there??

anyone?

Thanks for reading xx

lindajane1971
15-04-11, 10:55
Hello sparkle,

i have the same as you (not pregnant tho!) and ive had it since february :(
i too have it all the time, worse when im in bed and very bad first thing in the morning, it has taken over my life as its constantly there its constantly on my mind that something is very wrong,. it does fade thrughout the day for me but never goes away completly and comes back bad at bedtime each night.
doctor sais its anxiety and gave me half inderal la 80mg tablets to take and sais this would stop it in its tracks.......im terrified of medication and the box remains unopened :( i wish i could take the tablets but i just cant do it.
maybe you should ask the doc if you can take them while pregnanat??? from what im told the tablets work well and they are non addictive, i just wish i could give them a try.
Im just living with it and hoping it eventually goes away
linda

sparkle_1979
15-04-11, 19:48
Thank you I'll have a word with the doctor. So sorry to hear you are going through this too, its a horrible thing! x

lelespears
15-04-11, 20:10
Have you had your thyroid or iron checked? I get this and I have both low thyroid and iron levels. It's nothing bad I just take pills for both.

Lele x

Natalie x
15-04-11, 23:56
Hi. I get this too; it kinda feels like your insides are all shaky and weird? x

scaredstiff695
16-04-11, 00:19
hi im not sure if its the same thing but i get something where i shake ands i feel like im holding my breath when i do it , night times are terrible xc its like a bolt of electricity as gone through mrre

sparkle_1979
16-04-11, 13:27
Thanks everyone. Yes had both tested and back normal x

honeyp1e
16-04-11, 15:19
I get this all day and night on & off never goes away thought mine usually starts just below my ribs in the center and really makes me even more anxious as i worry so much about it even though i no its only anxiety x

sparkle_1979
16-04-11, 17:26
it's so strange I just dont know how it can do this. I even have it when not anxious and wake up with it...??

lindajane1971
16-04-11, 20:38
aye sparkle i cant figure it out either, i mean what is the point of it?? it just leaves me constanty on edge and tense. :(

i had an awful night last night....... woke up at 3.30am with a pounding heart, not too fast but fast enough to put the fear of god into me, it went on for so long i downloaded a relax app with a timer and listened to that for ages, i last saw 6.30 then i woke up at 9. only thing i remember now is that while my heart was racing i felt no trembling.
Its back now :(

choccychompa
16-04-11, 21:33
I get this too sometimes as I'm falling asleep. At first I thought it was reeeeally fast tacchycardia, but took my pulse and realised it was normal.

sarah.humps
21-11-11, 19:58
I have been having this feeling on off for a few days... i suffer from Anxiety but recently i had started to get better then bam i pull a muscle in my shoulder and i am convinced i am dying and then i had to to put up with being breathless for days adding to the "is this pain in the shoulder and back my lung am i dying" round and round in circles i went for 2 weeks then the pain went but i am left with the internal jitters like being on edge and tense....I know its anxiety as i experienced this after my 2 year was born but even telling myself its the Anxiety again hasn't taken it away. maybe writing it on here will :-)

haz
21-11-11, 20:11
Same. I describe it as a "washing machine on spin cycle" inside of me!! :D

Janinel
21-11-11, 20:15
I just took a hot bath and when I got out I started feeling so weak and shaky, just like you're describing! I feel like I can't have a normal day without any symptoms- so annoying as I to convince myself it's something serious :(

josiejo
22-11-11, 18:33
I get this sometimes.At night while trying to get off to sleep it helps if you relax your jaw and make sure your not holding your tongue in the roof of your mouth, this reduces the vibrating and buzzing. If it feels like the buzzing/vibrating is in your head/ears make sure you realx your jaw and let your mouth hang open a little. Its hard to start with because its common place to clench your jaw when you have anxiety but once you notice your doing it you can start trying to change your habits. Not an attractive look I'm afraid but it helps. Sometimes when my anxiety is really badI feel like I have a tremor that runs right down my body and ends in one foot. A couple of times I've checked my phone in my bag convinced it was vibrating. But no its was just me.

Humly
22-11-11, 18:57
I have it too. Constantly buzzing inside but its nothing to worry about, just anxiety. Its horrible though.

Sarahjosephine
22-11-11, 22:20
I get this too! I know it can be frightening but your mind is so powerful and even though it seems like it is something terrible I'm sure it isn't. I had it through my legs and arms and even started getting it in my chest, but suddenly it stopped, occasionally I'll still get it but I try to ignore it and do things to occupy my mind and then I forget about it. I think you need a big HUG:hugs:
Hope your feeling better soon xxlove & light Sarah

fluff
22-11-11, 22:52
Yes i have this aswell and my chest vibrates too its very weird.I had a radox musle soak bath salts last night and for the first time in ages it didnt happen :)

ihaveitall
23-11-11, 16:54
i get this to feels like im shaking inside worse in the morning when i wake up ive got low ferritin levels so think mines from that aswell as muscle twitches in my legs i also have rls that wakes me up in the night drives me mad x

x-cupcake-x
23-11-11, 22:37
I get buzzing quite a lot too, it sucks!! I tend to try and ignore it or go to bed but it doesn't always help : ( x

josiejo
25-11-11, 08:43
Read up on magnesium deficiency and see whether you think it could relate to you. I have been taking magnesium for 3 months now and although I still have an ongoing anxiety problem and insomnia I think it has helped in other areas. I seem more in control of the anxiety rather than it controlling me, I can reason with myself instead of total panic taking over and some days I have good days where its just in the background. I'm not saying its a cure all but the longer I've taken it I seem very slowly better. My mum went into hospital recently with a mild heart attack, magnesium was the first thing they gave her. It helps lots of systems in the body and it could just work for some people. I took it expecting miracles because some of the posts on the web were reporting amazing results but for me its been a long slow process but I definitely feel better 3 months on than I did when I started taking it if only marginally. If you read about magnesium deficiency it mirrors lots of anxiety symptoms, I spoke to my doctor about it but he didn't offer any tests to check my levels, a basic blood test won't pick it up. However I told him I wanted to try magnesium supplements and he said it wouldn't do me any harm. He's so helpful!...They can make you a bit gripey in the stomach but I persevered and it now doesn't affect me. I also started taking a lysine supplement 3 months ago because I got coldsores constantly due to not sleeping. Since taking the lysine I haven't had a single coldsore. I previously had a least 1 cold sore every two weeks and sometimes 4 at a time, it was really getting me down. I think this proves that some supplements do work.