PDA

View Full Version : Tingling and numbness on lips

Optimist
15-04-11, 11:32
Hi There,

I have been keeping my anxieties under control for quite a while now with the help of citalopram but a few things have started niggling recently and I am back having panic attacks. Can anyone help or reassure...? Thx!

Over the last few days I have experienced a slight numbness on my lips - a bit like the feeling after an injection at the dentist....so I PANIC!

And occassionally I get a hot sensation down the sciatic nerve on one leg...so I PANIC!

I know these things could be harmless.....but I also start thinking about MS (of course). Any one else experience these feelings??

Thanks in advance.

Zee
15-04-11, 21:52
The leg tingling , yes I have. I was told it is my sciatic nerve irritated.

melanie1234
15-04-11, 22:42
i've had lots of numbness and tingling throughout my anxious times and panic attacks. in my lip and cheek is the scariest but i now keep tellling myself it's the stress etc (i have been checked by a doc) . I have taken ibruprofen for my face if very bad and it helps, also get numbness when very tired. i'm starting to realise that sleep, good sleep is vital. should be in bed now really!!Ha Ha!
try not to worry, check with your gp if you think it's something more.
Godd luck with feeling better soon xx mel

Optimist
21-04-11, 22:36
Thank-you both for your replies. I have not had a good week, but I was out this evening with friends and feel so much better to have had a distraction away from the house and family for a bit.

I messed around with my citalopram dose a couple of weeks ago because I was feeling to positive about life - that was clearly a mistake and I should have kept the dose constant. I had forgotten how awful it is to feel anxious and focus on my body and "symptoms". Have gone onto the same dose again and taken a couple of diaz each day to get my head into a better place.

Thanks again.