PDA

View Full Version : advice

gav
15-04-11, 12:13
hi there, not too sure if this is the right section to be in but its all the same bal park I suppose.

Just a bit of advice really, if thats ok. I've been n Citalopram for about 18 months now, (20mg) I have weeks where I feel absolutely fine, great in fact, and as I say this will last for weeks then all of a sudden out of the blue I will feel absolutely shattered and I'll find myself going to be at half 9 at night, and waking up in the morning still tired. This will go on for a few days and I'll feel that anxiousness in my stomach and lightheaded etc, then as quickly as it turned up it disappears and I'm back feeling fine again. I don't know if its the side effects of the drugs or depression? I just wondered if anyone had the same issues and what they thought as to why this occurs almost like clockwork every few weeks?

Thanks

Spagetti
15-04-11, 15:10
Hi Gav,

As you have been taking the drug for a while now I think it is unlikely you are experiencing side effects from it. I have found with depression and anxiety that it does occur in bouts. For example I would feel ok for days, weeks sometimes and then it would come back for a few days and so on until it got less and less frequent. I was told this is part of recovery, i.e a gradual process with blips along the way.

Do you drink alcohol at all? As this prevents the drug from working.

gav
16-04-11, 19:54
I'm not a big drinker, never have been, but I try to go out a fair bit which always in general includes a drink or 2. My doctor side it was fine in moderation. As I say, it's just a complete feeling if utter exhaustion to the point where I'm at work feeling that if I close my eyes I'll fall asleep. This lethargy will last a few days/a week then it's fine again in general.