PDA

View Full Version : Neck Cracked Again - Feeling of Head Pressure Still There

BKF1515
15-04-11, 16:21
Hi, well, I've posted about my chronic pressure headaches which are apparently related to cervical dysfunction of my neck. Had MRI of brain and X-rays of neck - all were clear. Yet this pressure headache continues and sometimes ends up in throbbing pain - sometimes just a feeling of pressure - but something is there ALL THE TIME (which is driving me mad).

Last Friday I had my neck cracked for the first time and all symptoms seemed to disappear for two days, then everything gradually came back - only pain a bit more on the other side of my head. Went today and the dr. cracked my neck all sorts of ways and my back all the way down. He said I have trouble with mobility and need to loosen everything up and then begin with neck exercises.

The sad/frustrating part is that I don't have that feeling of relief today that I had last week. He gave me Arcoxia to take one a day for the next week. I am going on holiday to the States on Sunday for two weeks and I am so afraid that I am going to be busy with my head the whole time.

Could I be causing this feeling of pressure/pain through my own anxiety? I have had it except for a few weeks around Xmas and a few sets of days here and there since 2 Nov 2010. I have reduced my stress and tried to change all sorts of aspects of my lifestyle to get rid of this headache, but nothing seems to work. I almost don't know what it feels like to not have a headache. Do you know of anyone who experienced this? Did it finally go away? I feel so alone with this problem - really need reassurance at the moment - thanks.

BKF1515
15-04-11, 18:38
anyone...please

snowgoose
15-04-11, 21:51
crikey it is me again :blush:
you have had mri and it is clear thank goodness :hugs:
neck trouble is awful ........so many nerves and tendons ,muscles in a very small space .
I have symptoms every day BFK ........and have learned to ignore them . cant say it is just anxiety cos I dont believe that anymore .......but accept it is my body ............nothing serious ........just horrid.
get a good pillow to sleep on .........do neck exercises [on you tube ] .........and dont fret about serious illness . an mri would have shown that up .
so understand how you feel ...............but constant tension makes an awful head ache ........and you have had manipulation ................what took a long time to make problems will take a long time to go away my friend :hugs:
trust time .........and dont fret eh?
cyber hug xx

BKF1515
16-04-11, 13:16
thank you SO MUCH for your response, snowgoose. I really, really needed to hear that. It's just this terrible pressure feeling in my head that's getting to me. In addition to the neck trouble, I wonder if I am causing the pressure feeling myself? Is it anxiety? Is it that I can never relax anymore. Why I can't I make this pressure go away?? It really gets to me and is making me feel like I am trapped in this body of pain all the time. I don't know how I got here. I am flying home to the States tomorrow and seriously hope that the change of scene will be good for me. I keep wondering if anxiety and possibly depression (although I have never been officially diagnosed with either) is egging on my headache. But it is constant....

snowgoose
16-04-11, 18:45
Hi BKF :hugs:
In reply to your question ? .......I dont know to be honest . anxiety has played some nasty tricks on me :mad:.............and I recognise the head feeling you talk about . it takes ages to go away ...........and I feel it is not anxiety based to begin with ..........but add panic into the midst ........and it becomes set cos we are constantly guarding and looking .

I just want to reassure you that an mri scan would pick up any physical reason
dont fret xxx:hugs:
I believe if nerves or blood vessels have been nipped in neck for awhile .....then gets manipulated ..........a surge of free blood or nerves freed start to course through your body .............you are going to be feel a bit dizzy [extra oxygen] ...........jangled nerves coming to life [a bit like pins and needles and the sensation after ] .......it will make your head a bit out if kilter .
this is just my thoughts mind ............I am not a doctor .

enjoy going home to the States ......where ??? lovely xxx

make sure you drink lots of fluid eh? do your breathing :)............I think this will pass xx

take care xx