PDA

View Full Version : Withdrawl from sertraline (im all over the place) .

mrsmidgley
15-04-11, 16:38
Hi everyone, I was just wondering if anyone has had problems coming off Sertraline? I have been referred to a physchiatrist as may be bipolar but before can obviously diagnose properly, i have to reduce my sertraline. I have been on 200mg for about a year now started off on 50mg a few years back but gradually this was increased. anyway i am down too 150mg as from last week and its been horrendous for me:weep:. im all over the place, woke up today and my body was shaking and the nightmares have got worse, and my anxiety is really bad. I suffer with agrophobia and my nerves but im feeling worse. They want me down to a 100mg and i know its for my own good so i can be assessed properly but i hate feeling so shaky and i guess basically all over..total paranoia etc. Has anyone experienced this. Would be grateful to hear from others. Tracie. xxxxxxx P.S my picking has also got worse.. i pick at my chin and pull skin off or pick my nails...as my hands are fidgity constantly. x

nomorepanic
15-04-11, 16:49
I moved this to a more appropriate forum for you.

You may like to read the other posts in this forum whilst you are waiting for a reply

mrsmidgley
15-04-11, 19:14
Hi Nicola, Thanks i wasnt sure where to post lol. Took me ages to find it mind ha as i am only just finding my way around lol...but its good that you help us to place things in the right forums so thankyou. :) Tracie. xxxx

nomorepanic
15-04-11, 19:26
Sorry i couldn't reply but I have no experience of this medication but others will be along soon I am sure to help out.

brainfogette
15-04-11, 21:43
Hi there, sorry to hear you're feeling so terrible, and I'm afraid I don't have any experience of withdrawal (apart from missing meds for a few days and my OH asking if I'd been taking them...in other words you're a horrible nasty grouch so take them!) but I guess the best thing you can do is try to not let the anxiety about what w/d symptoms you'll get take over. Try to focus on the positive future outcome of seeing a psychiatrist and finding something that is far better suited to you. Take it easy on yourself and get lots of rest, let us know how you get on x

Tyke
16-04-11, 03:34
Hello Tracie, I have been on Sertraline for about 6 weeks, so haven't had to come off yet, but from what I have read about it, Sertraline on the whole seems to be easier to come off than some of the others, though of course everyone is different. What they do say is to come off them more slowly if it is causing problems as usually tapering off the dose more gently gives your body a greater chance to adjust and lessens the risk of side effects. Try not to worry too much about getting down to 100mg too quickly, but let the doctor know of your difficulties so that he/she can help. Some people can cut down more easily than others, so don't blame yourself for finding it hard. In the long term if you are bipolar then there are better more appropriate medicines to take, so it is important to find out and get the right treatment.

Tyke