PDA

View Full Version : hi i'm new

ebonieyes
13-04-06, 00:16
hi,my name is clarei have been having panic attacks for 20 years .i would like advice and help on how to overcome this.any advice would be welcome.thanks

clare smith

tnt808
13-04-06, 00:38
Hi Clare,

Welcome to the site. I think your first step in coping with this you have already made by coming here. Next perhaps making an appt with your doctor to discuss counseling avenues available to you.

You will love this site and the people here are so willing to help. If you need anything just holler.

Tina

Alexandra
13-04-06, 07:48
Hi Clare

Welcome to the forum.

You will find lots of help & advice on here.

Take Care

Alex

Many People Will Walk
In & Out Of Your Life
But Only True Friends
Will Leave Footprints
In Your Heart

giddy
13-04-06, 07:55
Hi Clare
Welcome to the site
Love Helen

Ammeg
13-04-06, 09:15
hey clare
welcome to the site!! there is loads of advice for you on this forum- hope it helps you as much as it has helped me!!!
Ammeg

stace81
13-04-06, 10:22
Welcome Claire,
This site is full of help an advice.
I hope it helps you like it does me.
speak soon. Take care hun.
xxxxxx

sford

weepinky
13-04-06, 13:17
welcome to you!!!!

You have made a positive step by coming to this site, you will find lots of help and advice - all you have to do is ask hun

Take Care

Love Pinky

trac67
13-04-06, 15:26
Hi Claire,

Welcome to the forum, you will get a lot of good advice here and make some new friends.

Take care

Trac xx

'Live your life with arms wide open, today is where your book begins, the rest is still unwritten'

MrsCluggy
13-04-06, 16:55
Hello Clare,

Welcome. You will get so much advice on this website. It really is such a useful tool, even if you just want to use it as a sound board to get ideas, worries or anxieties off your chest, I find that a real help.

Panic attacks really are a pain aren't they. But I am a true believer in self help and medication. I find the two go very much hand in hand. A good support network around you is also a bonus.

What makes you panic Claire? Is it anything specific that triggers your symptoms?

Feel free to PM me at anytime. I am always around and would love to help if I possibly can.

Claire Weekes books are an absolute Godsend if you can get hold of any. I know that Amazon do sell them from their website as that is where I got mine from.

Give her a go. At least if you are reading a book, it's stopping your mind from talking to itself !!

Best wishes.

xx

If the opportunity doesn't knock .... build a door.

trish1955
13-04-06, 17:25
<b id="quote">quote:</b id="quote"><table border="0" id="quote"><tr id="quote"><td class="quote" id="quote">hi,my name is clarei have been having panic attacks for 20 years .i would like advice and help on how to overcome this.any advice would be welcome.thanks

clare smith

<div align="right">Originally posted by ebonieyes - 13 April 2006 : 01:16:33</div id="right">
</td id="quote"></tr id="quote"></table id="quote">hi i to suffer from anxiety panic and agraphobia i have been this way since the age of 12 now 50 i guess there are times were it as lifted enough for me to marry and have 6 lovley kids who are just about all grown up and gone now just 2 left i think i will be totaly lost when they are all gone as they have been my life as i was never well enough to go to work tried a few times but it was always the panic and anxiety would kick in and i would end up haveing to pack the job in i guess i am use to the way i am and still dont no how to cope with these awfull feelings of doome an gloomeany way if you ever want to chat my msn addy is nikkbu_1@hotmail.com so is my email addy please send me a email we may beable to swap coping skills bye for now trish

chucklehound
13-04-06, 18:18
Hi Claire and welcome to the forum!:D

Karen
13-04-06, 20:07
Hi Claire

Welcome to the forum.

You might find the following information helpful:

First Steps (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/default.asp?t=cms&c=firststeps)

Symptoms (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/default.asp?t=cms&c=symptoms)

Links post: Links to posts about Common Problems (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=7784)

You will find a lot of help and support here.

nomorepanic
15-04-06, 16:33
Hi clare

Welcome aboard and lovely to see you here.

Hope we can be of some help.

Nicola

ebonieyes
15-04-06, 22:02
thanks for all the messages.finally i am reading advice that makes sense.finding the right medication is hard though.currently trying to stick to prozac 20 mg ,but find the side affects very diffult to live with.so i only get to a week and have to stop.:( clare x

clare smith

May Day
15-04-06, 22:26
Hi clare

welcome to NMP ... there are a lot of helpful people here so i'm sure someone can help you with their own experiences of prozac ... there's lots of useful advice on the other message boards too so take a look

May

The brightest, sunniest day may follow the darkest, stormiest night ... enjoy the sun

jackie
16-04-06, 12:13
hiya claire

we will help you all we can

would love to know more

jackie

ashley
17-04-06, 10:19
Hiya clare..

welcome to no more panic, and that is exactley what we want you and all of us to feel on this site..

with love ashley x