& agoraphobia for a long time. I am better than I used to be,can go
out alone now but have my limits still.
Finding this site very helpful,good luck to you all in your
struggle.

Kiz .:D

Matt
24-03-04, 15:09
Hi Kiz:D

Welcome to the site:) Glad your feeling better these days.:)

Stick at it, glad your finding the site useful!

Take it easy

Matt[:o]

paul009
24-03-04, 16:05
hi kizzy welcome to the wacky world of panic attacks, i hope things go from strenghth to strenghth for you

paul
the norfolk nutter[:o)]

no one REMEMBER no one has ever died from having a panic attack.ok troops be carefull out there

Meg
24-03-04, 16:15
Dear kiz,

Glad to hear things have got better for you over time.

If you need any encouragement or support to move forward a bit more- we're happy to help.

Meg

Watch your thoughts, they become your words...
Watch your words, they become your actions... Watch your actions, they become your habits... Watch your habits, they become your character... Watch your character, it becomes your destiny...

kizzy
24-03-04, 17:26
Thanks for the welcome & kind words,you help by just being here.
Looking forward to getting to know you all.Think I may need your
help soon as tomorow have to drive myself to the hospital,oooeeer
not looking forward to it one bit.:(

love kiz

joanneg
24-03-04, 17:35
hi kizzy, welcome , i am a newbie as well , how far is the hospital ? cant anyone go with you ? i am terrible i need someone with me nearly all the time , all i can say is good luck , relax and try and get a good nights sleep as i'm worse if i'm tired , fingers crossed for you hunny :)
love joanne xxx

joanneg xxx

kizzy
24-03-04, 17:56
Thanks joanne,its only about a mile but have to go every week at the
moment for physio. Have been getting lifts taxi's etc but really
want to do it on my own,all I can do is try my best.
Sorry to hear you are in the thick of it,its horrible I know
I just keep taking little steps at a time.
good luck with your efforts.
love kiz

kate
24-03-04, 19:37
Hiya Kizzy,

Welcome to the site!

Kate x

me
24-03-04, 20:26
hello kizzy, im mary. its great to hear from you x this site is brillant so helpful and everyone here are really wonderful. joanne is right make sure you have a good nights sleep everything seems worst when your tired x good luck, hope it all goes ok. take care love from mary x

kizzy
25-03-04, 10:40
Hello Mary & thanks,feeling a bit nervy now as I am just going to get ready for the drive.
Once in the car don't seem so bad as need to concentrate on driving.
Will let you know how it went later,do I need to post that in another forum ??.
love kiz

me
25-03-04, 12:21
Hello Kizzy, hope you got on ok today, when i drive i put on music i love and sing very badly to myself ha ha( That was a fab tip from nicola x )let us know how you got on take care love from mary x

paul009
25-03-04, 12:34
when im in the car i put radio5 on there is bound to be some irratating p**t on talking a load of s**t and it helps when i scream and shout at them. takes my mind off things and the drive goes alot better

hope this helps

paul

no one REMEMBER no one has ever died from having a panic attack.ok troops be carefull out there

me
28-03-04, 20:27
Hello kizzy only mary here. how are you? hope you are ok and have had a good weekend x

kizzy
29-03-04, 15:39
Hi again,yes weekend was fine,spent most of it in the garden Mary.
how about you

me
31-03-04, 11:24
Hello Kizzy x im feeling good today thankyou, had a horrible day yesterday, boo hoo to horrible days. Its great to hear your feeling well x i had a busy weekend which was quite hard but yippee i did it i popped in to see my friend get married but only stayed for the wedding couldnt face chatting to everyone after but it was great to see her tie the knot, then sat night went to my friends birthday party, which i really had to push myself to do but im so glad i did it. Oh i would love a garden, theres nothing nicer than being in the fresh air watching everything grow. take care keep in touch love from mary x

kizzy
31-03-04, 13:10
Sorry to hear about bad day but never mind you have done well since
& thats what counts.
My physio appt. for tomorrow has been cancelled so don't have to get
stressed about that for now.
Shame you don't have garden its my sanctuary when the weather is fine
just listening to the birds makes me feel tranquil.
take care
love kiz

kate
31-03-04, 15:35
I love my garden as well.

In the summer I water all the plants every evening and it is "my" time!

I find it so relaxing and peaceful and always feel quite sad when the winter comes and I cant do the watering!

I've also got a water feature and I love sitting by it on a sunny day, just listening to the water falling onto the stones.

Bliss.

Kate x

me
31-03-04, 21:52
oh it must be lovely to have a garden .....one day ill have one x the weather here has been so nice for the last two days, im sure it makes us feel better when its warm and bright. i understand what you mean about not stressing about your appt. i went to a leaving do today which made me get my knickers in a twist...but i did it. if its nice tomorrow ill go and sit in the park and chill . take care love from mary x

sarah
31-03-04, 23:39
Hiya

You are right Kate, The weather was so lovely today I cut the grass and did some weeding and managed to get myself a weeny bit of a tan. It felt great to have the sun on me after the long winter.

I loved it so much I went out this afternoon in my car with the hood down....bliss....lol

I hope the weather is nice for you to go tot the park tomorrow Mary...enjoy, you deserve it!!

love Sarah
xx

kizzy
01-04-04, 11:26
hello again,glad to see I am among others who love the garden.
Mary the weather not so good here but hope its better where you are
so you can go to the park[8D]. Do you have a yard ? if so plant some
pots up if you can,sure takes the mind of worry & stress for a while.
I too cut the grass yesterday & the smell was luverly:)
take care all
love kiz x

sarah
01-04-04, 11:50
Hi kizzy

It was really warm here yesterday so I sat in my back room with the door open all evening and you are right, the smell of the freshly cut grass was heavenly, it made me smile...it felt like summer is really on its way!!!!!

love Sarah
xx

me
03-04-04, 14:04
hello kizzy and sarah x well i havent been to the park yet the weather hasnt been that good here, boo hoo, but i can see alittle blue sky breaking through so fingers crossed the sun will shine x i do have aliitle yard but its very small. infact i think ill go to the garden centre and get myself some pots and plants now! so beware i may need some gardening tips in a while. i hope you both are ok and having a lovely weekend take care love from mary x

sarah
03-04-04, 14:10
Hiya Mary

I was having a good weekend till the sun dissapeared...lol

Have fun in the garden centre, I love looking round them planning lovely things for when I ve got some money..lol

love Sarah
xx

kizzy
03-04-04, 18:13
Hi again,pouring rain here so no gardening today,never mind it will
do the plants good. Sarah, I pinch lots of plants from friends
or get cuttings as I pass by (lol)
Mary I am not an expert on plants so read the labels well,he he,
have fun
love kiz

me
04-04-04, 11:49
morning kizzy and sarah x hope you both are keeping well. well quess what we have sunshine here..yippee i hope you have it where you live too x i told my mum about the gardening and she said i could have some cuttings from her garden, she loves her garden and since my lovely dad passed away a few years ago it keeps her busy so charlie dimmock look out ha ha im now off for a swin as i find that helps too, take care my loves enjoy the rest of the weekend love from mary xx

kizzy
04-04-04, 16:26
Oooh where does your mum live Mary,tell her I am on my way (lol)
hope you get some nice plants. I go swimming once a week too it gets
rid of all those tight muscles.
take care
love kiz

nomorepanic
04-04-04, 19:35
Hi Kizzy

Welcome to the site. I have been a busy adding some stuff to the website so not many posts recently.

You seemed to have settled in here so that is great news and you will certainly get lots of advice and support.

Welcome aboard !

Nicola

me
06-04-04, 21:52
hi kizzy hoe are you? hope you are ok x well after seeing the sun for a few minutes on sunday it went again and the weather has been awful we have had sun then hale then thunder then more rain boo hoo..... we want more blue skys x im now off to bed as i went back to work yesterday and ive had a few weeks off and its worn me out oh to win the lottery ha ha take care love from mary x

me
06-04-04, 21:54
oh kizzy i meant to say....how are you not hoe are, you this gardening is addictive ha ha night night x

red
07-04-04, 09:12
Hi Kizzy
Welcome aboard - glad you foud us and hope that you are feeling less isolated as a result!

It is a struggle but becomes less of one in time. Let us know how you are progressing - it would be really ggod to hear when you have done something 'different' and - even when something is a struggle - you have great support hear - use it to help yourself.

Take care

Red
x

kizzy
07-04-04, 17:54
Hi Nic,thanks for the welcome & yes everyone is so friendly its
easy to settle in.
Mary,hope you have got some rest & feel better now ? well done
going back to work xx.
Red, it is a help being able to talk to people who understand
thanks
love kiz xx

atreides
07-04-04, 21:00
Hey Kizzy
listening to the birds makes me feel better too. Calms me down a lot and puts life in perspective. Good to here things are going well for you, take care
Atreides

me
09-04-04, 14:13
hi kizzy x how you doing? hope your ok and having a good bank holiday. the weather here is so so, alittle sun keeps shining through.... no rain which is fab x are you doing anything nice this weekend? hope you are x im off to my sisters on sunday which should be lovely then my family are coming here on monday so im going to attempt to cook them a dinner!!! guess what im abit excited as we might be moving!! and its got a garden ....yippee we will know tuesday keep your fingers and toes crossed for us . take care love from mary x

kizzy
09-04-04, 16:34
Oh Mary it would be great if you move,you could be gardening all
summer,no time for panic (lol)
We are decorating but doing a bit outside in between. Have a lovely weekend xx
Atreides you enjoy the weeekend too
love kiz

fran
10-04-04, 17:34
[hi kizzy - im 52 well nearly 53 now - and i suffer from anxiety although getting better (i had a kind of breakdown about a year and a half ago after alot of stress and a huge panic attack). i am able to get out and about if im with others but on my own i am limited in how far i can go. wld be nice to chat to someone of similar age, and exchange experiences. franquote]Originally posted by kizzy

hello all,have been reading through the posts for a while so thought
I would introduce myself.
I live with my husband & three dogs,have suffered with panic attacks
& agoraphobia for a long time. I am better than I used to be,can go
out alone now but have my limits still.
Finding this site very helpful,good luck to you all in your
struggle.

Kiz .:D
[/quote]

fran

pips
10-04-04, 19:13
Hi Kizzy,

I was sorry to read about your struggle.

At least as u say u r better than you used to be.

I always try to remember the times when i didn't feel so anxious or have panicky thoughts. Even if it was only 4 a few minutes or a hour at least its better that nothing!

I hope u r well, there is loads of useful info on this site too!

Take Care & stay POSITIVE

Pip's XX

sal
10-04-04, 19:52
Hi Kizzy have replied on my introduce yourself but bit late as havent checked my mail. So how are you doing. Are you having a good easter weekend and feeling ok. Im starting to get a bit wary about going away to the caravan next week but i am going to push myself to do it Obviously armed with my diazepam. Talk soon Love Sal xxxx

kizzy
10-04-04, 20:27
Hello again,yes Fran would be great to chat,hope you are feeling better.
Sal I 'm sure you will be fine at the caravan but know exactly how
you are feeling about it,we go away second week May & I will be just the same but I am going anyhow,be ok once we get there i hope.
Have to dash now but take care all of you
love Kix x

me
14-04-04, 16:02
hi kizzy hope your ok and been having lovely times in your garden im still worrying about if we should move or not!! what have you been upto has the weather been good where you live i hope so its been sunny skys here in norfolk yippee take care love from mary x

kizzy
16-04-04, 11:36
hi mary,yes been out in garden most days,its looking great if
I do say so myself(lol).Can understand you being in dither about
moving but if its what you want go for it.
love kiz xxxxx

me
18-04-04, 21:21
hi yer kizzy hows your weekend been? good i hope x the weather was so so lovely until today its been dull showers and even more dull but ive been busy tiding i think we have made up our minds to move but still worrying about it argh..... the house we have seen has got a lovely garden. our foster boy is home now hes keeping me on my toes mind you hes been out all day playing with a friend everytime it started to rain they came in with dirty feet and then when it stopped they trotted off again oh to be 11 again ha ha well i must go and do pack lunches i keep putting them off hope you have a lovely week take care love from mary x

kizzy
19-04-04, 17:47
hi mary,glad to hear litle one is keeping you busy,stops you
thinking too much (he he ) glad about the house but try not to
get too worked up about it,go with the flow,if this one doen't work out there will be others.
Weekend was fine butwe have had some rain today so no gardening.
take care
love kiz x

me
25-04-04, 17:48
hello kizzy, hows your week been? good i hope x mines been ok only a few worrys now and then....yes the little one does keep me very busy. hes just got in a huge snot with me cause i asked him to have a bath oh hes so funny. my computer has been playing up and ive felt lost without it its mad i never used this computer until a few months ago now i cant get off it ha ha we have made up ours minds to move which is abit exciting he he we have seen one house which is lovely and got a fab gardening. hope youve enjoyed your weekend have you finished decorating? well take care love from mary x