PDA

View Full Version : feeling of needing to burp all the time driving me mad

molly36
16-04-11, 20:24
Hi there i have posted about this a few times over the last few weeks as it is really getting me down.I have this awful feeling at the top of my stomach at my diaphram ,its like a big ball of air is stuck there ,i spend all day burping and it dosent shift it ,its worse when i drink something .I have to get up and walk around sometimes to get the wind up.My doc says it anxiety and me breathing in too much air and sitting all tense tensing my stomach .It has been so bad today ive spent all day walking aound the house trying to get rid of it .I BURP even when i drink or eat the smallest thing or it gives me the feeling like i need to .Its awfull and ruining my days.I have had it about 5 weeks and its not getting any better .I had to take a valium last night to get to sleep as it was so bad.Its not painfull just very uncomfortable .Its getting me really worried.Please can anyone relate to these symptoms kind regards molly

molly36
16-04-11, 21:39
anyone?

j2
16-04-11, 21:47
Do you have any problems with GERD, I get this feeling and think it is gas but it really just GERD causing my LES to swell up and feel like I need to belch. Good luck

molly36
16-04-11, 21:50
Hi can you please tell me what gerd is and what you mean by les swelling up.thank you for replying kind regards

molly36
17-04-11, 09:09
hi WOKE UP WITH IT LAST NIGHT ENDED UP TAKING A VALIUM AGAIN.THE PROB IS ALL I DO IS THINK ABOUT IT ALL DAY LONG,WHICH IM SURE DOSENT HELP.KIND REGARDS MOLLY

molly36
17-04-11, 10:39
Anyone ?

rosebud
17-04-11, 11:30
i burp a lot to molly. been told i have ibs. somedays it can be terrible. its just constant and like you if i only eat or drink a little i burp. i find it really embarrassing when i'me in company. i too think i swallow a lot of air coz when i'me relaxed which isn't very often its not as bad.
wish i could tell you how to find relief from it because i know how awful it is but i haven't found anything as yet to relieve it.
take care
tracey x

molly36
17-04-11, 16:27
Hi thank you for your reply ,its the worst feeling ,i find the constant feeling of air stuk hard to cope with all the time it drives me mad .thanks again kind regards

molly36
17-04-11, 17:29
Just ate a tiny sweet and now i have air stuck at top of stomach.is this really anxiety ?

Greenman50
18-04-11, 07:58
Hi
Constant burping and feeling full of air can be an over acid stomach . You don,t need to get heart burn etc .
i know when my stomach is going to kick off as one of the first symtoms is feeling bloated and constant burping . Sometimes i found it hard to swallow as i felt like i was gulping air .
Go back to the dr,s they will possibly try ant acid meds next .

Anxious_gal
18-04-11, 08:26
Molly maybe it's a digestion issue, you could try those good bacteria, you can get in tablet form or in yogurts.
I've a really noise tummy at time, I burp a lot when I'm hungry too.
How does it feel? is it like pressure , pain or just the sensation you get when a burp gets kind of stuck?
I'm sorry this is bothering you, you really seem to have a hard time with the sensation :hugs:

molly36
18-04-11, 17:48
Hi there thanks for the replies .It feels like a ball of air stuck at top of stomach ,its not a pain just a feeling.I have had heartburn a bit today and im constanly tensing my diaphram cos i am so worried i try not to but i just end up doing it not realising.All this worrying over it has really caused it to get so bad.I had to stop the veg drinks i was drinking as this was making it worse or maybe even caused it as i was combining fruit and tomatoes and spinach and watercress,i have stopped this about 2 weeks ago and its not been as bad .I also get it bad if i drink through a straw.Too be honest i really do think the green smoothie kicked of the problem.I just wish it would stop happening as i keep thinking its something a lot worse.kind regards

honeyp1e
18-04-11, 18:56
I get this all the time and esp when i have just eaten sometimes feels like my food is lodged there and can last a long time sometimes, my doctor told me it is just acid and gave me gaviscon which don't get rid of it i just basically deal with it, its horrible but i haven't found anything to rid it x

molly36
18-04-11, 19:21
THANKS FOR REPLYING .I totally agree with you its awfull ,i def think the anxiety is causing it tho .I just wish i could stop worying about it.KIND REGARDS

Greenman50
18-04-11, 19:25
Hi there thanks for the replies .It feels like a ball of air stuck at top of stomach ,its not a pain just a feeling.I have had heartburn a bit today and im constanly tensing my diaphram cos i am so worried i try not to but i just end up doing it not realising.All this worrying over it has really caused it to get so bad.I had to stop the veg drinks i was drinking as this was making it worse or maybe even caused it as i was combining fruit and tomatoes and spinach and watercress,i have stopped this about 2 weeks ago and its not been as bad .I also get it bad if i drink through a straw.Too be honest i really do think the green smoothie kicked of the problem.I just wish it would stop happening as i keep thinking its something a lot worse.kind regards

So you have had the burning today .....it deffo sounds exactly like over acid production and anxiety not helping the issue. I can relate to all the above . Mention the heartburn to the DR and i,m sure you will get (or ask for) ant acid meds and it will settle down .
I,m absolutely postive theres nothing to worry about , i worried myself sick over my stomach as i was in so much pain at one point and it did clear up.
A tomatoe , and fruit etc smoothie would absolutely murder my stomach to be honest it wouldn,t surprise me if this kicked it off .

Take care

x

molly36
18-04-11, 21:29
Thank you mel for your reply ,i wil ask the doc about anti acids ,what was the ones that helped you.Yes i think the smoothies kicked it off and now the anxiety keeping it going.kind regards

Greenman50
18-04-11, 21:41
Lanszoprazole (spelt wrong i think) really helped me . I also take ranitidine if i need any extra . I thought the lanszoprazole was no good as i still had a bit of bloating and burping so cut down the dose , boy did i know about it !! so i now know it works well for me with no side effects .
They don,t work straight away imho and take awhile to get into your systym so don,t worry if you don,t get instant relief .

The ranitidine is an older type of ant acid which is prescribed to people who can,t tolerate the newer ppi,s (like lansoprazole) and they work more instantly . You can get zantac 75 from the chemist , morrisons etc which is basically just half the dose (75 mg ) of the prescription ranitidine which is 150 mg .
They might settle your stomach before a re visit to the dr , morrisons do there own brand which is much cheaper than zantac 75 but the same stuff .
Hope this helps , don,t worry its only over production of acid you,ll get sorted :yesyes:

molly36
19-04-11, 10:54
Thank you mel i will try the zantac first to see how i go.I have delatine from rennie so im going to try them today to see if it helps .I have it really bad today but i am so anxious today so i know that not helping.thanks again kind regards

lauren6
19-04-11, 13:47
Go to a gastroenterologist. They might do an endoscopy. You are sedated and feel/know nothing. I had the same thing and it was acid reflux, or GERD. Google it. I took a prescription antacid for a few weeks and watched what I ate. Look up GERD diet, don't eat after 7 p.m., no chocolate, orange juice, onions...but google it, too much to tell you on here. No need for you to continue suffering, really. It can be treated.

molly36
19-04-11, 15:06
Thanks for your reply ,i have been to docs but he wont put me through the camera down throat as he says it all anxiety related .I feel that it worse when i drink flat liquids like herbal teas ,diluted juices its as if it causes a massive air bubble that i cant burp up ,it does eventually come up but i have to walk about a bit to get it up and i feel really full after drinking.its horrid .I have started taking the rennie deflatine which is for trapped wind but also is a anti acid so i will see how i go with that.thanks again .kind regards

molly36
19-04-11, 18:19
Hi does anyone think that by focusing on my stomach all the time is making it worse ,or making the symptoms stay ,e.g . because ive became scared of what it might be its not leaving ,a bit like when my ectopics wer bad but once i stopped being scared they went.Also do you think holding the diaphram tight all the time can cos these symptoms .I feel it worse when i drink something ,it just sits there .The prob is my stomach also in knots cos of my anxiety.Just wish i could get over this .kind regards

molly36
20-04-11, 11:43
Today at work ive had pain all round my stomach and its bloated ,still have the horrid feeling of needing to burp ,especially when i eat or drink.kind regards

Serb
21-04-11, 20:54
Hi, I get this, doc did a gatroscopym I have GERD. Omeprazol helps, mostly with the acid and chest pain and allows me to eat whatever, but it hasn't helped with burping, regurgitation or frequent toilet visits.

Greenman50
22-04-11, 11:59
Hi does anyone think that by focusing on my stomach all the time is making it worse ,or making the symptoms stay ,e.g . because ive became scared of what it might be its not leaving ,a bit like when my ectopics wer bad but once i stopped being scared they went.Also do you think holding the diaphram tight all the time can cos these symptoms .I feel it worse when i drink something ,it just sits there .The prob is my stomach also in knots cos of my anxiety.Just wish i could get over this .kind regards

Yes....the more anxiuos you are the more the stomach pumps out acid . It was all i used to focus on . I,m bloated today and my stomach is gurgling again . My stomach also goes into spasms .

Its just a case of waiting for it to settle , but i would still ask the dr for some ranitidine or other prescription ant acids . It was anxiety that kicked mine off in the first place .

molly36
22-04-11, 19:00
Hi thank you fo your replies,today after eating my dinner which wasnt that much i felt very very full and had to walk about to get a burp up .Ive also noticed that my stomach muscles round my diaphram area are so tight ,do you think this can be adding to the problem.I just want to stop worying about all this but every time i eat i fell it takes forever to digest.kind regards molly

joans60
22-04-11, 21:05
Hi Molly
I get the same thing happen to me and I keep swallowing and the more I swallow the more air I am taking in.
The wind gets trapped between my breast bone and I start to panic and it makes it worse
I also suffer with a lot of acid as well.
I think when we are anxious we take in a lot of air and that is why we get so bloated and sometimes we have the problem of passing it so we start to burp.

Joan

deangraziosi
23-04-11, 05:02
Hi molly nice post. Thanks for sharing your experience here with us. I want share here that when swine flu spread in my area most of people just accept that from mind and they get positive result.

molly36
23-04-11, 10:49
Thank you for your replies ,i really wish it would go so i can get over the worry .kind regards

shuandrew
24-04-11, 00:27
Hi Molly,

I have been suffering with this issue for many years now, and I believe it is triggered by anxiety. I have been treated for acid reflux/GERD for about the same length of time.

As your doctor thinks too, I believe it is caused by shallow breathing and having air get trapped... I get a pressure in the sternum and chest and feel like I *have* to force the burp up. Like you, eating or drinking the smallest amount causes me to burp too.

I'm sure I read that anxiety increases acid production in the stomach, and I'll get burpy GERD as soon as I get anxious; I can just feel my stomach and chest and throat burning up. At its worst, it feels suffocating when I breathe... which doesn't help with worrying about my breathing, which is my main health anxiety fixation.

Look up some tips for air swallowing to see if they help. Also try to practice diaphragmatic breathing... hard when panicky though.

If you have any more questions, feel free to ask and I'll see if I can relate to them :)

molly36
24-04-11, 10:09
Hi shaun thank you for your reply ,i am having a really hard time with it right now,ive managed to convince myself i have the worst thing of all.Right now i have not even eaten and it feels like right at top of stomach theres a knot and as soon as i do eat i get wind trapped there and i have to get up and walk about to get it up.I feel so full after eating the tinest thing i have lost weight through all the worrying over it and eating being such a nightmare.My doc says it anxiety but i cant stop thinking about it every blooming second.If i could just accept that it anxiety then i know it would ease but when i do get a grip on it then i eat and i realise its still just as bad.I tend to hold my breath a lot aswell as swallowing to much air and also pulling my diaphram in tight ,i dont even realise im doing it.I just hate all this its ruining my life right now.thanks again.kind regards

molly36
24-04-11, 17:09
Hi im just back from a barbecue at my sisters and all i could manage was a small baked potato and then the terrible full feeling came on its as if all my muscles in my diaphram ae going in to spasm when i swallow food in to my stomach .My sister says it is because i am so tense and constantly thinking about it that is why it is happening but i dont feel ok after ive eaten until i can get a burp up .i just feel so scared and worried 2day.kind regards

Anacbn
25-04-11, 18:48
Hello Molly,
The same with me. Acid pains and feeling like I need to burp all the time. But trying to be relaxed. Earlier this week I had some friends over, was very busy and didnt have any pain at all! it tells me it might be anxiety. Get checked if you need to..and dont worry. thinking about that all the time makes it worse, because you are so more aware of it.
Hope you get better soon!
Anax

molly36
25-04-11, 20:01
Hi there thank you for your reply i think your right when im busy i dont notice as much.I have noticed i get it when im in the car a lot when im in the passenger seat ,its as if im squashing my diaphram when im sitting and trapping the wind.I just hate the feeling of always needing to burp.thanks again.kind regards

LowrieT
25-04-11, 20:35
Hello Molly. Poor you, you have been suffering a lot recently. I am sympathising with you because I am going through the same but not quite as bad as you. I take 20mg omeprazole daily but that doesn't help that trapped wind feeling in my chest. It was so painful in bed last night I had to get up and stay up until the wind moved. I sipped warm water and took Remegel chews and I got relief to get back to bed. I bought peppermint tea today but not tried it yet because I hate the taste of tea and haven't drunk tea for 55 yrs. Will give it a go if I succumb later tonight to the wind. I have recently seen a gastroenterologist re: my IBS and to have a bowel enema but if this wind continues I think I will go back to my GP and see what she says. Is it related to IBS? Chin up Molly. Try not to worry and relax a bit if you can.

molly36
25-04-11, 20:52
Hi thank you for replying ,i think i have worked myself in to such a state over it i have made it 10 times worse.You see for a around 6 months i was drinking green smoothies which had spinach,watercress,5 tomatoes,tomato puree,strawberries and sometimes different fruits,it wasnt until around 2 months ago i started adding the the tomato puree and the trapped wind seemed to start ,i also drank it all in 1 go as it tastes awfull .So i stopped drinking them around 4 weeks ago but by this point i had looked up the internet and saw the worst thing it could be so my anxiety really took off again.I do nothing but focus on it all day and even the smallest drink or food triggers it and its worse when im in the car.I also think my diaphram is so tense and im shallow breathing which is adding to it.I dont get pain just that horid pressure and feeling when you need to burp.Its awfull my family must be so sick of me going on and on .I am a total nervous wreck over it.thanks again kind regards molly

LowrieT
25-04-11, 21:38
That sounds a horrid concoction Molly. No wonder you drank it quickly. I would say that was a very acidic drink. Pity you cannot focus onto something which takes your mind of the diaphragm. My discomfort usually starts in our car so it must be the way our diaphragm is positioned when travelling. I hope you get some relief soon.

molly36
25-04-11, 22:00
Thank you again.My mum also says she gets this feeling too in the car so there is def something in that.Yes the drink i think was the trigger but i just dont understand why i was ok for the first 4 months then bang the wind from hell.I just want to enjoy food again ,i just cant at the minute.Im going back to my poor long suffering doctor tomorrow and ask maybe for a anti anxiety drug as i really cant go on like this much longer.I ate a meal at 7 tonight and its still just sitting heavy in my stomach.Hate this feeling as im so tired but the minute i lie down the wind starts again.Just need to get better from anxiety and maybe it will go ,ive been this way for too long now.thanks again kind regards molly

honeyp1e
25-04-11, 22:38
Hi im just back from a barbecue at my sisters and all i could manage was a small baked potato and then the terrible full feeling came on its as if all my muscles in my diaphram ae going in to spasm when i swallow food in to my stomach .My sister says it is because i am so tense and constantly thinking about it that is why it is happening but i dont feel ok after ive eaten until i can get a burp up .i just feel so scared and worried 2day.kind regards

i also get this feeling every time i eat and i find if am thinkng about it before i eat it feels worse but even when i sont think that am thinking about it and i just eat it also happens my boyfriend says its because in the back of our minds were are still thinking about it basically 24/7 its so annoying as sometimes i can be really hungry and can only manage a bite of something i no its all anxiety its just trying to relax and get through it x

Anxious_gal
26-04-11, 05:48
maybe you could get a food allergy/intolerance test ?
a change of diet may help with the wind :hugs:

molly36
26-04-11, 09:41
Thank you for your replies,i dont think its a food allergy as im eating very little as it is .Even if i take a sip of water i get it.I was awake all night with it ,i couldnt sleep as i felt i had a big knot in top of stomach and somebody was squeezing it.Not painfull just very unsettling and had no sleep again.Im off to docs this morning as im a mess.thanks again.kind regards molly

honeyp1e
26-04-11, 13:10
Thank you for your replies,i dont think its a food allergy as im eating very little as it is .Even if i take a sip of water i get it.I was awake all night with it ,i couldnt sleep as i felt i had a big knot in top of stomach and somebody was squeezing it.Not painfull just very unsettling and had no sleep again.Im off to docs this morning as im a mess.thanks again.kind regards molly

It sounds like you have the same as me to much stomach acid as this gives me the same symptoms as your having also anxiety can cause this tight knot feeling mine has settled down now but anxious days then it starts up again :mad:

londonchris
26-04-11, 14:14
I get this feeling a lot. Lately I've been feeling really sick with it too. You stand up and really need to burp but can't do it no matter if you have fizzy drinks or what. It's horrible. But lo and behold all of a sudden if you do burp, it's just acid which comes up and burns your throat. That's acid reflux so try not to worry too much about it :)

molly36
26-04-11, 15:26
Hi thank you for your replies.Well went to docs and he says its all anxiety and stress again,he says its a bit like globus histericus that lump feeling you get in your throat that i had for months years ago but in the stomach ,he said my stomach will all be in a spasm with constant worry and tension.He said i have not got stomach cancer,bowel cancer and i am not seriously ill in any way and that i need to get over this and get on with my life.Well when i came out his office i felt better but as the day went on and i have had to eat and drink, the feeling is as bad as ever.The poblem is im looking for it now .I just took a wee drink of water and i have that feeling of air stuck as soon as its hit my stomach.He gave me a liquid gel a bit like gaviscon to drink so maybe that will help.He said also the reason ive lost weight is im not eaten a lot but he said i look well for it.The funny thing is everybody keeps telling me i look well as ive lost weight and all i think is thats because im dying.Its blooming awfull and i want to get over this.Dreading dinner time as it will just sit like a brick in my stomach.thank you again.kind regards molly

londonchris
26-04-11, 15:53
Hi Molly,

Glad the doctor gave the all clear.

What I would say is that if it was any kind of cancer, it would have been picked up by the doctor and so you really must stop worrying yourself over it.

:)

honeyp1e
26-04-11, 16:27
Hi thank you for your replies.Well went to docs and he says its all anxiety and stress again,he says its a bit like globus histericus that lump feeling you get in your throat that i had for months years ago but in the stomach ,he said my stomach will all be in a spasm with constant worry and tension.He said i have not got stomach cancer,bowel cancer and i am not seriously ill in any way and that i need to get over this and get on with my life.Well when i came out his office i felt better but as the day went on and i have had to eat and drink, the feeling is as bad as ever.The poblem is im looking for it now .I just took a wee drink of water and i have that feeling of air stuck as soon as its hit my stomach.He gave me a liquid gel a bit like gaviscon to drink so maybe that will help.He said also the reason ive lost weight is im not eaten a lot but he said i look well for it.The funny thing is everybody keeps telling me i look well as ive lost weight and all i think is thats because im dying.Its blooming awfull and i want to get over this.Dreading dinner time as it will just sit like a brick in my stomach.thank you again.kind regards molly

i wrote earlier that i hadn't had this feeling just below my ribs for a while now well i spoke to soon ive had it most of today and am getting so anxious with it that its just making it worse :( & i no its all anxiety am also very constipated which also kicks off my anxiety and i don't eat :weep:

molly36
26-04-11, 17:19
Hi im sorry you have got the feeling back its awfull and so draining,at least you reconise that it is anxiety.I have just eaten my dinner only a small amount and i feel so full and that horrid feeling needing to burp feeling ,i have burped but it still comes.Do you get the feeling of feeling full and needing to burp even if you drink the smallest amout of anything.I hope you are feeling a bit better.kind regards molly

molly36
26-04-11, 20:24
Im having eally bad time tonight ,i just feel this big ball of air stuck there it never lets up.I just find it hard to beleive its anxiety.kind regards

molly36
26-04-11, 21:56
Wish the fear would go and maybe the stomach thing would go,i totally hate it.

Greenman50
27-04-11, 08:07

Hi Molly

Thats exactly the same as i was . Mine only went with time it took 3.5 months , went for a month , then came back but not as bad .
Mine only started to get better i think when i started to believe there was nothing wrong . I also lost a couple of stone but its back on again now .
Its the first thing i think of when i wake up in the morning , is it there , is it burning etc..
Just try and keep busy to keep your mind off it .

molly36
27-04-11, 12:15
Hi mel thank you for replying once again i really apprecate it.I had a bad night with heartburn ,i think its prob cos im not eaten very much just now.I am today going to try and breathe slowly and through my nose ,i have read mouth breathing and breathing to deeply can cos all these probs with the stomach.So im hoping thats the answer as i just cant go feeling this fear over it anymore.I hope you are well kind regards molly

molly36
27-04-11, 19:25
Having a bad night,i need to get over this stomach thing as its ruining my life.

j2
28-04-11, 00:56
I wish I could help. One thing that helps me is taking bulk forming fiber. I use one heaping tsp of metamucil in the morning. It keeps the whole digestive track in decent working order. It might take a day or two to work but it helps me a lot.

molly36
28-04-11, 09:09
Hi there thank you for your reply ,i was drinking a veg drink that had loads of fibre when this all started but i think it was mixing the fruits and veg together and putting in too much.Also i was drinking it in 1 go which really didnt help.I stopped drinking it about 5 weeks ago but im still getting this feeling of needing to burp as soon as i eat or drink ,i do eventually get it up but it causes me great anxiety.I have no appetite and have lost weight through all this because i have made it a big deal and thought it was something far worse.I have been to docs 4 times he says total anxiety causing it now.I just want my appetite back and to lose this fear as every time i eat im nealy crying cos im waiting on that horid feeling .thanks again kind regards molly

molly36
28-04-11, 13:03
Hi today i have had a small baked potato for lunch with some grated cheese ,i was ok eating it but as soon as im finished i feel like ive eaten a horse ,i felt so full like a band was squeezing round the top of my stomach where my diaphram is.My doc says this is a tension and my stomach has shrunk from not eating much so it needs to expand.But the trapped wind feeling and needing to burp as soon as ive eaten is horrific.How can this all be anxiety.kind regards molly

londonchris
28-04-11, 13:31
Hi Molly,

I went to the doctors yesterday with a lot of similar symptoms to yours. I feel like I have a lot of trapped air at the top of my stomach where it meets the bottom of my ribcage. I feel like I need to push on it until I burp but unfortunately I never burp!

It's very uncomfortable and can get worse with eating.

The doctor told me it was Dyspepsia (basically indigestion!) and prescribed PPIs (proton pump inhibitors) which are basically strong antacid tablets. It's only day one but I'm feeling better already, and the good thing about PPIs is that if it was say an ulcer or bacteria, it helps for that too.

Find out what your doctor says about PPIs, it's worth a go :)

Chris

molly36
28-04-11, 14:52
Hi chris thanks for your reply ,i do have lansoprazole[think thats how its spelt[ but i have not taken them yet as im scared of the side effects .What ones did you get from doc and did you notice any side effects.Its just the second i eat i get this horid ball of air stuck where you say and feel so full ,its so uncomfortable.I really should try the tabs as it cant be worse than this.kind regards molly

londonchris
28-04-11, 15:04
Hi Molly,

I got omeprazole which in the same group of drugs as Lansprazole. I too was worried about side effects but the worst one of the lot is an upset tummy and dizziness so it's not really a big deal even if you do get side effects. The "prazole" drugs are normally really well tolerated and have been available for years and years.

I know it's hard with anxiety because I'm the same - you're expecting something to happen so you work yourself up and lo and behold surprise surprise you feel weird again, but that's not the drug, that's you getting worked up.

The best piece of advice I can give you is to take the medicine. If the worst comes to the worst on the very rare occasion you get side effects, you may feel sick or have a headache - but hey that's better than feeling bloated all day long right?

Try what I do, get yourself really tired, read before bed or something, and just as you're difting off, take the pill. That way, your mind is resting instead of worrying about side effects and by the morning the pill has taken effect and any side effects would have worn off anyway :)

molly36
28-04-11, 15:08
Hi chris thats a good idea i might try that tonight as like you say anything is better than this .Just drank some herbal tea and its just sitting there ,the prob is i dont know wether its my anxiety or acid .Just wish it would go.Thanks again kind regards molly

londonchris
28-04-11, 15:15
Hi Molly,

You have to go into it with the mindset that the medication WILL work. These groups of medicine work for everything, ulcers, bacteria, indigestion, acid reflux. If there is something wrong with your stomach this medicine will work. As soon as you believe it will work, not only will it work, but your mind will believe it :) Hope that makes sense!

Go for it tonight before bed, you'll be wondering why you didn't do it before. Don't expect instant results but within a week you'll feel much better, I promise!

Chris

molly36
28-04-11, 15:39
HI thanks agiain i am going to try them tonight .I just hope my mind dosent start imagining side effects like it usually does.Will keep you posted kind regads molly

londonchris
28-04-11, 15:45
Mines the same, I always think the worst. What you need to remember is if there are side effects THE WORST these pills can do is feeling nauseous or dizzy.

You cant get heart side effects or anything like that - they've been tested for years and it's impossible which is why it's not listed in the booklet :-)

Get yourself shattered, take the pill, and fall asleep! :) You'll be fine

Greenman50
28-04-11, 18:03
Totally agree with Londonchris , i,m on the lanszoprazle and no side effects at all .

Good luck Molly36

molly36
28-04-11, 19:55
Thank you too both of you i am goung to take them tonite as i am just a wreck at the moment.I was over at my mums and took a sip of water now i have a big ball of air sitting,its awfull and then my mind keeps wondering to the worst possible causes.Did you both ever suffer these symptoms that bad ,when u eat or drink its like a belt round your diaphram and fullness,also the need to burp and constantly burping and the big ball of air feeling even after the smallest drink or even nothing.thank you again i really do appreciate all your support .kind regards molly

Catalyst
28-04-11, 21:35
Good luck! Let us know how you get on - I've got some omeprazole in the drawer which I've been too scared to take for over a month, so know where you're coming from! X

molly36
28-04-11, 21:41
Hi thank you for replying ,i will keep you posted .Did you have similiar symptoms to me is that why you were given the omeprazole.kind regards molly

Catalyst
28-04-11, 22:13
No not really - not the air bubble thing all the time, although I have experiences it a couple of times. For me it is mainly just bad heartburn and burping (which I never used to do!) at night I was getting a sort of pressure in my chest that made me feel like I couldn't catch my breath. That again was acid related, but at 3am your mind tells you it's something way more sinister! So I got omeprazole for that. My symptoms got slightly better when I gave up alcohol for lent, but are definitely still there so I am going to try the tablets. Just not this week cos I'm on antibiotics for something else (one new drug at a time!)

molly36
28-04-11, 22:23
Hi i will let you know how i go with the meds.I want to start them tonight but my partner has to work but he off tomorrow night and kids are sleeping over at my mums so i will take them then.What a state i get in over taking anything new.kind regards molly

londonchris
28-04-11, 22:38
I'd definitely recommend the tablets for both of you :)

My symptoms started at Christmas time when I was getting really full up after eating practically nothing. Then after Christmas I had a tummy bug and just felt sick all day.

In the new year, I got an uncomfortable feeling in the top of my stomach just under my ribs. I can't really describe it but it was like trapped air, and I felt like I needed to push it to get rid of it, or like my stomach needed to rumble loads :huh:

I sometimes get acid reflux where I can feel a kind of mild burning sensation in my stomach and I'll burp acid into my mouth (not nice!!).

Anyway, I explained it to my doctor and I've only been taking it a day so far but today was better already.

molly36
29-04-11, 10:38
Hi there well i plan to take the tabs tonight to see how i go.I had to go work this morning and the nausea i felt was so bad.Im now trying to work up the courage to eat something.I have that horrid ball of air in diaphram already and havent even eaten yet and burpling.Just hope the tabs work.kind regards molly

molly36
30-04-11, 10:35
Well today i feel like a really tight feeling from the top of my stomach to my throat like a squeezing feeling ,my partne says it is tension ,its like a burp is stuck but worse.Im also having bladder issues feels like when i go it dosent releave it and like a pressure on bladde.I have no burning or pain yet.God i hate all this .hope you are all doing better than me.kind regards molly

londonchris
30-04-11, 12:52
Did you take the tablet last night Molly?

molly36
30-04-11, 19:31
Hi chris no i took it today ,i feel very anxious about any side effects that may come.Im hoping i dont get any though.I have been having terrible nausea also after i eat over the last few days so i really had to give something a try.I do feel deep down it is anxiety but still that niggle in my head saying something else.Do you ever suffer a empty feeling or hollow feeling in your stomach after youve eaten ,ive also been getting this the last few days.Not nice.Anyway hope you are well .kind regards molly

Greenman50
30-04-11, 20:49
I,m always getting that empty raw feeling in my stomach and some days i can burp for England . Been doing it today and my throat feels tight and i have that globus hystericus again in my throat . When i was at my worst i would burp , swallow air , burp , swallow air and then my food would get stuck . Mines worse when sitting .

I just ignore it as much as i can , i,ve had it since January so it can,t be anything to bad , some days are better than others and it went away for a couple of weeks so it will bugger off again .
Imho , at some stage it will click like it did with me that it will go and isn,t going to harm you , then the anxiety drops and so do the symptoms .

Take care x

londonchris
30-04-11, 20:59
Good for you Molly, glad you took the tablet, well done :yesyes:

You'll feel better soon but you have to allow it to work - take the tablet every day for 28 days. You'll be wondering why you didn't do it sooner :)

molly36
01-05-11, 10:41
Hi thank you to both of you once again.Mel thats how i would explain it a empty raw feeling and im always worse when sitting too,i find moving about gets the burp up.Chis i really hope it works and then the anxiety will lessen and then hopefully just go back to worrying about my heart lol.kind regards molly

molly36
02-05-11, 11:06
Well guys i have had a bad night ,i took the lansoprazole at 7 last night ,a few hours later i had a bowl of cereal.I woke up at 1 with horrific heartburn and acid reflux ,bit of cramp at top of stomach and nausea .I then ate a bowl of weetabix and took a rennie and it settled.But this morning i have bad heartburn again.I didnt have it this bad before taking the tabs ,this was my second one.What do you think is going on ,anyone else had this.IM really worried as i think if they doing this then there must be something really wrong as they are supposed to block the acid not make more.Really need some reasurance.kind regards molly

londonchris
02-05-11, 16:39
Hi Molly,

Hope you're well :)

You've only been taking the omeprazole for a couple of days so need to give it a chance to work but well done for taking them :D

If you suffer from acid reflux it's really best if you don't eat within a few hours of going to bed as food takes time to digest. Of course if you've just eaten cereal before bed, you've gone to bed with basically a stomach full of digesting cereal.

cereals (including weetabix) are complex carbohydrates. This means they're good for you, but because of all the nutrients being broken down, it takes ages to digest! So it'll be digesting when you're asleep, and acid will be flowing around your stomach, and more importantly back up your oesophagus, causing the horrible acid reflux feeling.

You had a bowl of weetabix in the middle of the night too, so of course this would have been digesting when you went back to bed, regardless of the rennie, hence you wake this morning with the horrible acid feeling again.

The tablets will take time to work, which is why they put you on a one month course, not just a week, so its unlikely to work within a couple of days. Also, I'd strongly recommend eating little and often, rather than three big meals a day. However, don't eat or drink anything within three hours of going to bed (especially wheat/pasta/bread as these take even longer to break down).

Good luck :)

molly36
02-05-11, 17:22
Thanks chris hope you are doing better today.I dont usually wake with acid thats why i thought it was something to do with the tablet ,you see i took it at 7pm but hadnt ate since 2pm that day and then felt i should eat a little as the tab says take 3o to 60 min before eating so i ate the cereal about 9pm last nite.I think my panic sets it off aswell to be honest as i woke with my heart racing first then the acid i think.God knows i just hate it all.I had some pasta at about 2.30pm today and i still feel so full it awfull.I do think all my muscles around my diaphram and top of stomach are so tight so this dosent help the fullness.I would just like to get id of the bad thoughts that are constantly going through my mind about what might be causing all these symptoms .Thanks again.kind regards molly

holly1986
02-05-11, 17:34
hello
im a singer and i suffer with this a lot. your doctor is 100% right, youre taking in too much air (i do this when im singing) you dont even realise youre doing it, its so easy to do you dont feel like youre taking a deep breath nor do you feel like youre hyperventilating you simply feel like there is a lump of air in your diaphragm, as though there is something there to be brought up, and you end up tensing your throat to bring it up and you get these mini belches that dont bring anything up they just feel like small air pockets. Its a horrible feeling and hard not to obsess about, but trust me, and your doctor with this. there is no other physical ailment that has this as a symptom, not even GERD.

molly36
02-05-11, 17:44
HI thanks holly for replying.I am due to see a physio soon for my breathing so hopefully it will help that part of it.I also suffer lately from acid which is new for me so it just adds to the whole fear scenerio .Do you feel full after eating a small meal due to the air swallowing.kind regards molly xx

holly1986
02-05-11, 17:47
yes right up to even the throat (the fullness) its horrible but i promise as soon as you let it go it will go

best of luck
x

molly36
02-05-11, 17:49
Thanks holly ,i will try and focus on other things and hopefully it will lessen.kind regards molly xx

molly36
03-05-11, 20:09
HI i felt i was doing ok today,i felt hungry for the first time in ages ,so i had a a chicken casserole which was nice,i did get the feeling of the stuck burp in the middle at my diaphram but managed to get it up.I then went to my mums had a bannana and the feeling was awfull.I do get more uptight when im out so not sure that was a factor.Ive also been having a few issues with my bladder like theres pressure on it like i need to go all the time but i have no burning or anything like that it just feels irratable .Is it possible nerves can cos this ive had it about 5 days.PLEASE would love your advice.kind regards molly xx

londonchris
03-05-11, 20:20
Hey Molly, keywords there: "I felt I was doing ok today, i felt hungry for the first time in ages" :yesyes:

The tablets are obviously working then, and you need to keep it up. Obviously it's not 100% yet as your stomach is still producing excess acid, and that's why they put you on the tablets for a month, but improvement is the main thing :) Good job! You should be proud of yourself!

molly36
03-05-11, 21:15
Thanks chris i hope you are doing ok today.Yes i think they are helping a bit but then i get anxious and it comes back with a vengance .But at least i can see that my anxiety is making it worse.I just wish i could now stop worrying about my bladder .Theres always something.kind regards molly

londonchris
03-05-11, 21:17
I'm good thanks :)

There is always something and I've found personally that it's one obsession after another. I'll be obsessed about a headache, then my stomach, then my chest, etc etc. It's cutting off that constant cycle of different things to worry about that's the key to recovery.

Keep your chin up and try not to worry about anything else for the time being! x

molly36
03-05-11, 21:26
Thanks chris ,i think my partner is sick to death of me going on and on about one symptom after the other.I hate it and just want to move forward.thanks again molly

molly36
05-05-11, 12:06
Well feeling in my stomach and chest today with trapped wind have been awfull.I found work a struggle because of it.As soon as i eat a tiny thing i get terrible trappes wind in my chest but in saying that even when i dont eat its bad.I thought it was getting better but it as bad as ever today.kind regards molly

stacy1010
06-09-14, 21:51
Hi molly36 and others with same problem,

I also this awful feeling at the top of my stomach at my diaphragm,it's like a big ball of air is stuck there. I'm worried, can you please share the medicine and solution that helped you overcome the problem?

Thank you,
Stacy

catheeo
24-03-15, 05:10
I joined to see if Molly had ever found any relief. I have had for two years now constant burping, bloating and throat ulceration from burping. I don't have a lot of reflux but it goes in bouts . I have had the following tests... endoscopy, colonscopy, swallowing study, x rays, ultrasounds, went to regular doctor, naturopath, and gasterentologist. All tests showed I was fine. I did allergy testing for foods, elimination diets and re introducing trigger foods, probiotics and a host of other things natural such as elm bark for throat, herbal teas , and the regular doctor put me on acid reflux disease for six weeks only for the nauropath to say that was a bad idea and take m off them, . Ive had stool samples for parasites and bacteria . All to the tune of no insurance and a maxed out credit card . I am at my wits end because I am not myself and like molly it is causing me to think I am losing my mind. I do have financial stresses and that Im sure is not helping matters but there is no easy fix for that. Im so tired of this and I know it is Gods timing not mine so I need to endure this as long as he wants me to without complaining but it is SO hard and many times I just cry and cry because while I don't want anything wrong with me , I know I am not feeling vitality. I eat a clean diet, raise my own beef, vegetables and when I cannot supply my own I buy organic fruits and vegetables. Any help or encouragement would be greatly appreciated.

sdali78
29-05-17, 03:30
Hi everyone,
I just want to share my simple remedy from my experience. I too have a problem of blocked burp and it results headache especially if I sleep right after meals or eating anything.

I found the easiest way to release the burp is to place your hand at the back of your neck near the skull and do gentle massage while keeping your head/neck straight up or slightly tilted back.

The other thing you can do at the same time or separately is to move your shoulders backwards/inwards and towards the center of backbone. This position should raise your chest.

I am a software developer and realized that this symptom is caused by constant tilted position of head towards monitor/laptop causing strains in your neck muscles.

I don't know the scientific reason for it but this helped me a lot to get relieved from burps and my headaches are very much reduced. Before discovering this, I used to walk a lot after meals and before going to sleep in order to avoid headaches.

Also, this is analogous to newborn babies who need to burp out right after feeding otherwiase they get very discomfortable and cry. A gentle massage on their back and neck with their straight up position helps them release burp.

Please try this simple and effective remedy and let me know if it helps anyone.