PDA

View Full Version : Thinking about life

heths
13-04-06, 10:44
I've been thinking lately about how I'm getting older and how my anxiety has taken up so much of my life.

I have been anxious growing up and at 14 I started with panic attacks and started also with depression, I saw a therapist then and after about 2 and a bit years I felt better and was told I didn't need to see her anymore. I thought I was cured, but when I was 19 I started with panic attacks again, I was having a stressful time at work and I got ill, not depression this time, but was finding it harder and harder to go out. To cut a long story short I eventually became agoraphobic and I've been agoraphobic for about 3 years now.

I'm 23 this year and have started thinking how I'm getting older and have missed out on things, and how I want to do things and get better. And a few times, like last night, I was laid in bed and I suddenly felt scared thinking I'm getting older and I don't want to die and be thinking of all the things I wish I'd done.

I just wondered if anyone else had felt like this?

Heather

Alexandra
13-04-06, 11:03
Hi Heather

At certain times in life i have been in the same boat & felt & have had thoughts like that.
Everytime we make progress we become stronger with it & it spurs us on to have more & more success.
You have been doing so great lately you really have & im so pleased for you, do'nt give up remember all the achievements & support you have here & it will help to pull you through.

Thinking of you

Take Care

Alex

Many People Will Walk
In & Out Of Your Life
But Only True Friends
Will Leave Footprints
In Your Heart

heths
13-04-06, 11:21
Thank you Alex, you've made me feel better about it. Feeling like this has a positive side to it because it makes me more determined to get better and do things.

Take Care,

Heather

Alexandra
13-04-06, 11:28
Hiya Hun

Im the same too i feel more & more determined to conquer this as well & we all will, just by doing bits at a time like we have been doing.

Take Care

Alex

Many People Will Walk
In & Out Of Your Life
But Only True Friends
Will Leave Footprints
In Your Heart

bobsy
13-04-06, 18:47
Heather you are doing really really well remember that. you are doing more each week and you are doing all the right stuff.

keep at it it will get better.

bobsy

heths
13-04-06, 20:32
Thank you bobsy and Alex. I think it's also because it's slow process to get better and I sometimes get so frustrated as there's so many things I want to do.

It also didn't help this afternoon when I found out how much a girl I used to go to school with has done since leaving school, i'm happy for her but it just made me more frustrated aswell about my own life.

But I'm still determined to keep going with things and try get better.

Take Care,

Heather