PDA

View Full Version : Want to share some news

pinkdove
16-04-11, 23:23
hi guys, Just wanted to share something with you all, i have been ill with anxiety for nearly a year, and recovering now, my son has been seeing his girlfriend for almost a year, and i had never met her, untill yesterday, they came home from portugal, and without telling me, he arrived at the door with her, i thought i would freak out at the thought of meeting someone new, but amazingly i had a great afternoon, we even went for a drink together, now some people might say whats the big deal? but it is a really big deal for me. i felt that i was at last doing something normal without anxiety getting in the way, dare i say it but i think i might be recovering. and bye the way she is lovely.:)

Anxious_gal
16-04-11, 23:35
hahaha isn't it funny lol, I think because you weren't expecting them you had no time to worry and freak your self out :D
Aw thats so nice you had a good afternoon , I hope it helps show you that you can be strong and have fun enjoying new experiences.
Oh the feeling normal is such a lovely feelings as it's rare we do feel that way, it's a much need boost to your self confidence too :hugs:
hahah thankfully you'll be a nice mother in law hehe :) Not the over protective no woman is good enough for my son type of mother in law :roflmao:
Again well done on having fun and enjoying yourself, It sounds like you've come a long way. I hope you keep getting better and you start enjoying life again. x x:hugs:

pinkdove
17-04-11, 11:29
Thanks Mishel, You are so right no time to panic or think about it, i have also been listening to clare weekes, which i think is helping me a lot, and now i don't have to worry about meeting her, that's another step in the right direction. Just need to brave the hairdresser noe ha ha :hugs:

Ellis81
17-04-11, 17:59
hi guys, Just wanted to share something with you all, i have been ill with anxiety for nearly a year, and recovering now, my son has been seeing his girlfriend for almost a year, and i had never met her, untill yesterday, they came home from portugal, and without telling me, he arrived at the door with her, i thought i would freak out at the thought of meeting someone new, but amazingly i had a great afternoon, we even went for a drink together, now some people might say whats the big deal? but it is a really big deal for me. i felt that i was at last doing something normal without anxiety getting in the way, dare i say it but i think i might be recovering. and bye the way she is lovely.:)

Hi there,

Nope I totally agree it IS a big thing and I salute you!I myself had a simillar situation yesterday...I went to visit a friend I hadnt seen for a few months, and felt anxious how I would be when there - but I thought you know what this is not going to stop me living my god dam life and it would be just me and her, so I went but when I arrived she dropped it on me as I went through the door that her husbands mother, aunt and nan had just turned up out the blue so they were there too all in the frontroom - I thought 'very briefly' oh hell - how am I going to cope, ive not been around this many people for a while as Ive been off work...but low and behold I snapped out of it and went and sat down, got chatting etc and joined in conversations about children and other stuff - I wasnt even thinking about the anxiety coming for me I felt so confident and really happy when I left - like id achieved something big - yet to others probably pathetic as they dont get it - but I do and we should be proud its all hurddles to us that we are getting over and doing it once means we can do it again!! Well done :yahoo:

polarbearx
19-04-11, 04:13
That's brilliant, well done. Sometimes those unexpected things turn out to make such great memories. I know how amazing it feels to feel 'normal' haha.

Vanilla Sky
19-04-11, 22:05
It just shows you the anticipation is always worse , the actual event is usually ok. I'm pleased for you