PDA

View Full Version : Need A Push!

OneDay
17-04-11, 01:05
Hi
I had suffered with health anxiety and panic attacks for so many years and was agoraphobic on and off for years too but beat it all after a lot of help and hard work. Have had a really good few years and I'm very grateful for that. I will always be an anxiety sufferer but I know how to manage it and now can't remember the last time I had a panic attack and how I feel or the worry of what if I panic is no longer the first thing I think about when I wake up. Life is good generally, managed to get myself a job which I love and that's really helped me too.

So why am I here?....the problem is I just can't get over the final hurdle, I want to be able to travel, I want to be able to get on a plane, train or bus by myself and go places, sounds simple but I just can't manage it, very frustrating when it feels like I've been released from the prison like grip of agoraphobia and panic, so much I want to go and do and I don't want to have to rely on my other half to take me. So why can't I do it :mad:?!

Answers on a postcard please :) x

nomorepanic
17-04-11, 01:10
Hi OneDay

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.

Bluebelle
17-04-11, 04:57
Welcome to No More Panic !

You've accomplished so much in dealing with anxiety, agoraphobia, panic attacks - well done ! I've recently begun to travel again and it is largely because of this site and I know you will find it helpful as well.

Vanilla Sky
17-04-11, 21:21
Hi and welcome to NMP :welcome:
Paige x

OneDay
17-04-11, 23:03