PDA

View Full Version : if i could only sleep!

karen2
13-04-06, 12:16
hi. i'm a few days into taking citalopram and i'm getting all the horrible side effects, but i think icould cope if only i could sleep. I seem to be on the run the whole day with it and when i stop i feel worse. i'm exausted by the end of the day but my mind won't shut down so i can't sleep.I used to go to sleep early and wake through the night lots, but at least i got some sleep.any advice, please?
thanks ,karen

me-oh-my

joanne87
13-04-06, 12:40
hi Karen,

Im sorry you are having a hard time with the talbets at the moment, ive been on them for about 2 months now and find that my mood and energy levels differ day to day but i have noticed that since ive been on them in the evenings im so tired and usually fast asleep by 10:30 which is very unusual for me and im also very tired when i wake aswell which i have put down to the tablets and have noticed it more since the doc put me up to 40mg.

I hope this is of some help for you and you have a nice relaxing weedend.

jo x

karen2
13-04-06, 12:51
thanks jo. were you like that when you started on the tablets ? sounds strange but i feel like an insect scurrying about!

me-oh-my

mandie
14-04-06, 01:50
Hi Karen

I have been on these tablets for about 9 weeks now. My sleep is totally messed up.

i normally sleep from about 4 in morning till about 7 when i have to get myself and daughter up for work and school.

Every 5 days of so, i will feel so tired and fall asleep by about 9, but wake up at least 4 times during the night.

I am so wide awake at night time,and even when i do seem to feel tired i just cant sleep.

I was on these tablets for 6 months last year, but my sleep pattern wasnt as bad as it is now.

love mandie x

karen2
14-04-06, 12:39
thanks Mandie,
doesn't sound too great. do you think its worth it?
karen xx

me-oh-my

Greg1983
16-04-06, 16:16
Hi

I have been taking the tablets for about 2 weeks now and i struggle to get a full nights sleep, keep waking up don't get much more than 5 hours a night

"UNLESS YOU HAVE BREATHED ANXIETY, TASTED ANXIETY AND LIVED WITH ANXIETY YOU DONT KNOW HOW IT FEELS..
NEVER JUDGE AN ANXIOUS PERSON BECAUSE YOU NEVER KNOW ONE DAY YOU MAY WAKE UP WITH IT YOURSELF..... (Stolen from someone else, can't remember who, but i'm sorry - i just liked it)"

Coni
16-04-06, 16:58
Hi Karen,
dont know if this is any use but when i started taking escitalopram (similar to citalopram) I felt very like you describe. I almost felt as if I was becoming very agitated and couldnt sit still, settle or concentrate on anything. I was like this during the night too but eventually it did wear off.

My husband loved it though....I used to do all the washing and ironing at night when I couldn't sleep lol!

Coni X