PDA

View Full Version : Seeing the Dr

star-91
17-04-11, 22:19
I am going to my Dr this week and I just want some advice. I have so many symptoms and different pains which don't seem to be connected at all, how do I tell her all my problems in one visit with out sounding stupid or that I'm making it up?
I don't know where to start there is that much I need to say, I've been putting it off for ages but I can stand the pain any more :-(

Dahlia
17-04-11, 23:00
Maybe try writing them down in a list? Either group them by body area e.g. stomach, muscular; or by times when they first started up? I often do this when speaking to the doc, and write notes next to them so I don't forget certain things I want to say. It might also help you to rate the worst symptoms out of ten, for example, if you have sore calves, how painful are they? 5/10? 8/10? I also tell my GP when I think there is a trigger, for example after eating a certain food.

I went to the GP once with a mix of seemingly unconnected symptoms that I had had for months, and I thought he would just think I was being silly. But he very quickly identified that I had a mould allergy and I was better within weeks.

Good luck and let us know how you get on :)

Anxious_gal
17-04-11, 23:51
write it down , in a list, maybe starting at the top (head) ad work your way down x x

star-91
18-04-11, 21:02
thanks guys :-)

PanchoGoz
18-04-11, 22:27
Also, you could tell her exactly what you have written in your first post there to start off. Then she would have some sympathy for you...well thats just my thought anyway.