PDA

View Full Version : Aloha from Hawaii

marisasue
18-04-11, 03:34
Hi,:D

I hope it's okay that I already posted a couple of times without introducing myself first. My name is Marisa and i live in Hawaii. I hve suffered from severe anxiety and panic attacks since my late teens and I am now 41. It has been a long road. Sometimes I was sure I was going to die, other times I thought I needed to be locked up in a mental ward. I recently came upon a program that is based in the US but is worldwide. I was sceptical but decided to give it a try. It is run by a doctor and that made me feel good about trying it. (There were many other reasons) I have only began to scratch the surface, but I am learning a lot about myself and how it came to be that I have had this condition. The tools I'm learning are not revolutionairy themselves, ie. deep breathing, relaxation, but they way this is put together it s aimed at reprogramming the body and conditioning that when anxious feeling arise that I will naturally start to relax and the attack will go away. I am not very good at describing this as I am just getting it myself. But I do feel that I am going to overcome my anxiety once and for all and want to shout it from the rooftops! I am so greatful today for what I am learning! I hope I am not breaking any rules for putting the CHAANGE program name out there...If just one person can use this information, then it is worth it, no? Please feel free to write me wih any suggestions, i would love that! If you wat me to give you the contact information I have for CHAANGE, I will gladly give you that too. Thank you all for patiently reading such a long introduction!

nomorepanic
18-04-11, 03:37
Hi marisasue

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.

marisasue
18-04-11, 04:09
I want to appologize ahead of time if I seem like a commercial, i m new to this program and it is helping me so much, I just want to share it with others that suffer.. I was going to start my own blog to do this, but I found yours and it's so great! I really hope you don't miind... I was even thinking that under articles or self help or remedies you would ever want something form Dr. Pullen, the director for the CHAANGE program? I could ask him for a helpful article if you wanted me to and see if he would be open to that. He gives out a lot of free information so maybe it would be helpful?
Anyway, thank you for your blog, your story, and for making a great safe place where we can all help each other.

God Bless!

Marisa:)

Vanilla Sky
18-04-11, 23:19
Hi and welcome to NMP :welcome:
Paige x

suzy-sue
19-04-11, 00:11
:spam: Ithink lol ...:shrug:Links been removed .