PDA

View Full Version : Please assure me i am ok :(

Anxiousmess
18-04-11, 16:12
Hi, i know some ppl may think i am strange or stupid and others will understand, i don't want to bore u all with my whole life story, so to cut it as short as i can, basically 2 years ago i was a happy out going girl and so happy, then my step father died of stomach cancer at the age of 31 it totally wrecked me, now i am constantly petrified i have something wrong with me, ive been prescribed citalopram for my depression but i am to scared to take tablets as i panic so much it will get stuck or something or ill choke.. i dont go out, and i am constantly worrying.. basically last night i was fine a had a fantastic day no anxiousness or anything, then all i did was had a sip of lemonade and got the worst tickle ever in the back of my throat, as everyone does i kept coughing trying to get it to go away but after i finished coughing it felt like something had gone down the wrong way, u know that feeling wen u feel u cant breathe cuz liquid has gon down ur air way, but even know it felt that way nothing had gone down the wrong way then all night everytime i breathed in it happened the feeling like i couldnt breathe, does a tickle in ur throat do that to everyone ???? Or am i going completely crazy or is there something wrong with me, i jus wanna get on with my life and be happy, please tell me wat u think cud hav happened last night, it is still happening today wen i breathe i feel like im not getting a decent enuf breath in!!!!! :'( ty so much :(

Granny Primark
18-04-11, 16:19
I am sure as many other nmp members will tell you the same that what you are experiencing many of us have gone through.
I never realised that until I joined nmp.
Its because of your anxiety.
It started happening to me when I was 16 when my aunt died suddenly.
Hope things improve for you soon.:hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:

Anxiousmess
18-04-11, 16:30
Hi Lynn.. thank you for replying, i just feel so stupid xx

melanie1234
18-04-11, 17:28
Hi Anxiousmess, Please please don't ever feel stupid. yes your symptoms sound just like anxiety but they are definately real. I am constantly apologising for my anxiety and how stupid my symptoms are. One thing i'm learning is that this is real and you can't help it. i'm trying to use a lot of positivity to help me. Please don't feel stupid, you're worth so much more :) good luck

melanie1234
18-04-11, 17:29
Ps Lynn, you give lovely advice xx

gordie1
18-04-11, 19:51
Hi please be assured you are NOT stupid, what you are feeling is really real to you and you cant help it. Anxiety is a horrible condition because nobody around you is feeling like you are. It is great to come on here and be yourself and share with people how you are feeling. Please hang in there

Anxiousmess
18-04-11, 22:30
Thank you all so much for ur replys it really helps hearing what ppl have to say, im only 22 and i jus wanna get out there and hav fun, i wanna go out and work and make a life for myself but right now its just not happening, i do have my husband to be here hes good with me, i do have my wedding to look forward too this yr on sep the 9th i cant wait, but i jus cant get rid of these thoughts and feelings.. ty u all again once more :) xxx

melanie1234
18-04-11, 22:33
welcome. keep at it. this website is soooooo helpful :hugs:

Anxiousmess
18-04-11, 22:35
Yeah it is, its nice to know there this ppl feeling the same way as me.. but yet also sad that ppl are going thru what im going through.. so horrible, every little pain every little thing its like "oh my god, im dying" :( so exhausting.. xxx