PDA

View Full Version : Do you find a lack of good sleep raises anxiety?

uk23
18-04-11, 18:08
I normally sleep for 6-6.5 hours but last night only got 4.5 and today felt really anxious, shakey and dizzy.

Just curious to see how many of you find the same.

Maureen54
18-04-11, 18:23
hi UK23. I would say yes definitely, as I also feel that way when I haven't slept well

KayleighJane
18-04-11, 18:25
definately, if I have a bad sleep then I suffer all the next day. Good sleep and eating well I find helps alot.

melanie1234
18-04-11, 18:49
It definately makes a difference in my opinion. I also think that when you don't get enough sleep, you worry that you haven't slept and it becomes a bit of a viscious circle!

scaredstiff695
18-04-11, 19:07
o gode yes, ive not slept right in weeks aqnd ny anxiety is thrigh the rioof because of it

Hazel B
18-04-11, 19:30
I woke up several times in the night when my anxiety was bad. Lack of sleep affects all your body and mind as you don't get to recupearte properly.:mad:

Tyke
18-04-11, 19:49
Yes, I always feel worse if I have not had enough sleep. When I started on medication I had insomnia as one of the side effects and it definitely made my anxiety worse. I think it just adds to the horrible feeling of not being in control of anything because on top of the usual anxiety feeling so shattered just adds more stress on top.

Tyke

PanchoGoz
19-04-11, 12:32
I feel awful if I've had a really long lie in...feel groggy and tired and anxious and depressed and...zzzzz...zzzz...

Luna
19-04-11, 15:37
I woke up last night, just feeling anxious and couldn't get back to sleep. Feeling tired and stressed out today. If I don't work it off I'll have another anxious sleepless night tonight. I just don't want to do any excise or relaxation, too tired : (