PDA

View Full Version : HA out of control , along with my life!

pb
18-04-11, 20:52
Just feel terrible. Every week its something new - this week its diabetes!!
Have been feeling thirsty, but used a whole tube of glucose sticks for urine and they were all negative, know a blood test would be more accurate, but i think drs use dip sticks to screen for diabetes initially.
I hate my life.
Im 47 with no children , i will never get over the pain of this.
I live at home with my parents, where has my life gone.
Sorry to rant, im just in despair and cannot see a future .
Also got appointment to have uterine polyp removed on 6th may.

relika
19-04-11, 09:33
Do you have anyone you can talk about this with? It must be hard for you, especially when dealing with anxiety, too. :hugs:

Let me illustrate. A couple of years ago I felt all alone in the world. My mom just died, my dad died long time ago, I had a grandmother to take care of and an uncle and aunt who thought I would take care of nan for the rest of my life (I was 25 at the time). When I decided otherwise, they acted like I didn't exist anymore. I had thought on occassion that my life was pretty pointless if I didn't have anyone to share it with. I went to a therapist and she helped me stand up for myself and get my life back on track, in little steps. Like starting a new hobby. My health anxiety is something that will probably stay with me for the rest of my life, sometimes more then at other times.

What I mean to say is, that sometimes it takes someone else to objectively take a look at your life to see ways how you can approach life, or to help you feel good about your life again. It takes time, and courage, but it will be worth it.

I remember panicking about diabetes as well a while ago, when I was very thirsty just like you, and also very very cold, for days in a row. It went away by itself. I think anxiety can really mess up our system, with always new symptoms presenting itself. If you're unsure, a visit your GP will clear things up.

Take care:hugs:

pb
19-04-11, 19:03
Thank you very much for your thoughtful reply.
I do see a therapist that gives me space to talk about things.
Yesterday was just a very bad day.
I also think my HA will never really go.
I just wish i could live for now and stop obsessing about what might happen.
In life there are no guarantees, even with our health x

haynsey
19-04-11, 20:13
My husband is insulin dependent diabetic, if you are worried you can buy a testing kit from any pharmacy, they cost around £12.
But i think its more like HA that you suffer from, do not worry loads of us have the same emotions:bighug1: HA is dreadful