PDA

View Full Version : Newbie here

sweetsue
18-04-11, 21:33
Hello, I am sweetsue and have been taking Klonopin for 15 years,I went off 4 years ago and it took 1 year to do. Had to go back on and now tappering again. It was harder the first time but still rough now. I have no doubt that I will shake this thing but its nice to talk to people who are going thru the same ordeal.

diane07
18-04-11, 21:35
Hi sweetsue

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.

musicman65
18-04-11, 22:45
Hi Sweetsue,
I've been off and on (mostly on, now) Xanax for the last 20 years myself. I had a doctor once who tried to switch me over to Klonopin but it just didn't have the same overall effect so I remained on what works best. If I may, I'd like to ask why you went off Klonopin and how you're managing now. I hope you're doing well.
Take care.
musicman65

Vanilla Sky
18-04-11, 23:16
Hi and welcome to NMP :welcome:
Paige x

sweetsue
19-04-11, 17:52
Music man I went off cause I was having tolerance withdrawel and refused to take a higher dose. I know this stuff messes up ones mind and I am not willing to distroy my brain any further. I have done a mass research on benzos and its not a good thing for anyone. Even tho I have apnic attacks I am willing to deal with that knowing there is an end to this hell somewhere down the road. If I continued...there is no rainbow at the end and I know that I can lick this. I used to rely on Dr. but now I rely on me and God. I know there are some who must take this drug but I do not. It was a choice I took on the sugesstion of my Dr., A very bad choice. But I have my thoughts together now and will continue to battle this. I wish all here strength and power to over come this also.

musicman65
19-04-11, 20:32
Thank you for your reply sweetsue,
I too have trouble with panic attacks and tend to control them with Xanax. Coping and management techniques tend to go out the window when having a panic attack so I'd really like to ask what works for you. This has always been the most difficult aspect (coping) and anything that helps you I'm sure would be of great benefit for others to know. Thanks.
musicman65