PDA

View Full Version : Newcomer says hi...!

Blackflamingo
19-04-11, 03:49
Hello all =)
I'm completely new to this forum and am hoping it can bring some comfort to my life. Not entirely sure what I am expecting of the site, but I have been using an Chat Room for people suffering with Depression and have found it greatly helpful. I'm one of those annoying depressed people that hides behind their humor and jabs a pointy stick at anyone who tries to peek! So yeah...hi =)

diane07
19-04-11, 03:58
Hi Blackflamingo

A huge warm welcome to nmp.

You'll get loads of advice and support here and make some lovely friends along the way.

Best wishes

sophiethestar
20-04-11, 19:48
Hi. I'm new on here too. :D

gary_2.0
21-04-11, 00:14
:welcome: Hi, Blackflamingo welcome to the club!

There's a lot of good advice on offer here from a sincere group of fellow sufferers. This forum has helped me a lot.

I hide behind humour too. It's probably my first line of defence. I think a lot of us are like that. Well done for coming out of the closet, or chat room - so to speak. :D

Your profile says you're a writer, that sounds interesting, I write a lot myself. Mostly comedy, but occasionally other things, though none of it professionally - as yet. What kind of writer are you?

Elen
21-04-11, 00:16
Hi Blackflamingo and welcome. There are loads of really helpfull people on here so hope that you enjoy

Blackflamingo
26-04-11, 03:10
Hello everyone :blush:
Thank you all for the warm welcome! I'm just getting used to the interface on here, I'm quite rusty!
Welcome here Sophie, hopefully we'll both get great input from this site :)
@ Gary - Yes Humour is my first line of defence! Even to the doctors (though they don't seem to find it as humorous as I do!).
I'm not a professional writer myself. More recently I've been writing short film scripts for a local film group, one of which is about to be made into a short film which is quite exciting! I am also writing a science fiction/social drama style book, it's taken me years to develop it into anything as it stemmed for a dream I had!
I am also thinking about writing a comedy about my experiences with depression and the nhs! How about yourself?