PDA

View Full Version : Anxiety and period

ROBNGINA97
19-04-11, 15:22
Does anyone out there experience high levels of anxiety right before your period? This is new to me and today was horribe

Girl_Interrupted
19-04-11, 15:28
Hi there, YES I do!! nothing crazy but I do get a little more anxious and tearful, my mood can be unpredictable so it changes! Its not something I worry about though. Speak to ur doctor they might be able to suggest something to you. : ) xx

emmawalton
19-04-11, 16:08
your not a lone i do too.

juleswill
19-04-11, 23:07
Hi, me too. I have had a massive panic attack each month for a good few months now and have only recently noticed it happens exactly 5 days before my period. Must be the hormonal changes and from what I understand about anxiety, every body change we have no matter how small can be perceived as a threat hence prompting a panic attack. I'm always a bit wobbly for a few days after that too. I do suffer from odd anxiety issues the rest of the month but the real big ones seem to happen at this point.

haz
20-04-11, 00:22
Same here. Anxiety, panic, agraphobia and depression all much worse then. Horrible isn't it? I'm like this just now.

Hormones eh?

:flowers:

Eternity
20-04-11, 00:41
Hi
I have PMDD, basically severe PMS and get depression and severe anxiety for up to two weeks every month, it's horrible. It would be worth talking to your doctor for some advice. Hope you feel better soon x