PDA

View Full Version : uncomfortable awareness of breathing :(

cassi23
19-04-11, 20:53
Hi All,

not been here for quite some time but remembered what a fabulous place this was when i was in my worst place 3 years ago now.
I am glad to say that this site taught me how to 'ignore' or go with my panic attacks after eventually realising that nothing bad would happen to me, and after this, my panic attacks diminished, iv had nothing since, except the last week!

HAd a bad cold 2/3 weeks ago and a bit of a painful left ear in that time, it went, and came back on friday. Had horrific vertigo and couldnt even lie down without feeling like i was going to fall out of bed. This some how led to me not being able to catch my breath, and got the shakiness and hardcore all over body muscle trembling.

Since then i have been uncomfortably aware of my breathing, not like hyperventilating, well most of the time, but aware of every breath i take, then every 3 or 4 breaths i feel the need to take a deep breath, and only one in four of those 'deep' breaths seems to 'satisfy' my need for air.
I know its all in my head, and i know im not going to stop breathing, but i feel like this is starting to take over me again, just wondering if anyone else had experienced these sensations and how you overcame them?
Last night it led me to be so tense that i had the all over muscle trembling again and felt like i could have ran a marathon with all the excess energy. Its worse at night when theres nothing to occupy my mind, and i havnt slept properly since friday night so i know its getting worse because of lack of sleep :(

Any advice/experiences welcomed. Thank you
Cassi x

yellowrose
24-04-11, 21:50
Well I am aware of my breathing and it frusterates me. Do you ever have anything that makes u think more of your breathing. When air hits me It reminds me to "think" about my breathing. I dont know what up w the triggers =/ U think i could be OCD??

indigo
24-04-11, 21:59
I have this at the moment and it is doing my head in! Even when i think i'm not thinking about it, i am aware of it.

Joeturner2
24-04-11, 23:01
I have this to, it really does make u feel unwell :(

cassi23
03-05-11, 16:59
Thanks for your replies. I am currently 30 weeks pregnant and funnily enough, just days after posting this thread i had a call from my gp to say my 28 week fbc had come back showing that my heamaglobin, haematocrit and red blood cells had all been very low and required iron tablets! He said that my midwife had noted that at my last appointment i said i'd had this awareness, and that id had a few panic attacks after years without them...and...randomly...these symptoms can be linked to iron deficiency anaemia. So i ctually was out of breath. i have started the tablets along with multi-vitamins and eating a proper diet and although i'm now in that worried im going to panic phase, i feel loads better! :) happy xxxx

Jozone
05-05-11, 09:32
Excellent you're feeling better. I'm really glad I read this one because I've had some of these symptoms recently and although have had anemia before, my last blood test was fine, although this was last year, I think I'll book myself for another one!