PDA

View Full Version : bowel problems

tashbarnes87
20-04-11, 08:59
HI all, sorry if this is slightly embarresing but im worrying! Im really trying to not relapse in to my MS worry. Ever since i have had children i have had bowel problems mainly constipation its horrible! it all sorted itsself out after a change in diet & for about 4 months its been normal for me, I go about every 2 days. For the past 3 weeks i have had very loose ( not diarrhea, not watery) but nor very formed. Sorry :blush:

I get stomach cramps like trapped wind & then i have to go, im also quite windy :blush:. I also have gone every day for 3 weeks which is odd for me! Im worrying theres something wrong :weep: x

nomorepanic
20-04-11, 13:23
It could be IBS or anxiety causing it as well.

tashbarnes87
21-04-11, 12:31
:( thank you! It just happened again very loose but not quite diarrhea im ally worried now x

countrygirl
21-04-11, 13:14
I had a bout of iffy bowels last Nov - I suddenly was going up to 8 times one day then 3 times the next with loads of wind and lots of clear mucus. My husband had had similar thing for a couple of days but of course mine lasted for a couple of weeks but I do have ibs. I panicked and went to Dr and she said normally they say wait for 6 weeks with a change of bowel habit and if no better then they will send you for scope etc and before they send you they do bloods and bowel samples and occult fecal tests.

Because of my anxiety she said we will do all the preliminary tests now so I had loads of bloods even ruled out inflammatory bowel disease and had sample sent off for analysis and also had to do the fecal occult blood tests and they were all totally normal. My bowel went back to normal after about 4 weeks but I have had occasional bad day if I eat too much fibre and this always happens if I overdose on the fibre.

I nevr had dairrhea (sp?) just very loose with loads of clear mucus:blush: and going many times a day with gripy tummy aches and wind. It probably was a virus initially which triggered off my ibs.

You could ask you Dr to do the bloods sample bit if you are really worried and don't want to wait longer but sure as eggs are eggs its either a virus and or bout of ibs.

tashbarnes87
21-04-11, 14:12
Thank you Country girl, i have infact got diarhea now :( i just phoned the doc & she asked me the bowel cancer symptoms which has really scared me. She said she wants me to go in after the bank holidays to check it out :(. x

tashbarnes87
23-04-11, 08:45
My googling has now lead me to ovarian cancer :( cannot stop worrying. I have gassy pains & gurgling in my stomach & a constant feeling like i need to go to the toilet. It is anxiety as i was fine for months then this happens :(

Princess Sparkle
23-04-11, 16:21
Hello!

Sounds like you are suffering from something similar to what I've got right now. I've just posted about it over in the IBS section and have asked for some advice, so feel free to pop over there and check out any replies! :)

I know it's hard not to Google - I've just done it myself with one of my symptoms and really wish I hadn't - but please try not to! A few years ago, thanks to Dr Google, I was worried I had ovarian cancer as I was getting a lot of wind, stomach pains and some bloating. Managed to convince the doctor to send me for an ultrasound to get it checked out and they found nothing and the pains went away once I heard that!

I'm chalking that incident up to IBS and/or anxiety and I'm hoping that I've got the same thing now. IBS is the most likely cause and I'm trying to think positive, so I'll go with that until someone tells me differently. I think it's worse right now anyway - because of the bank holiday weekend, I know I can't see a doctor until Tuesday, which only makes me more anxious! :mad: