PDA

View Full Version : Numbness on waking.

Psy
20-04-11, 09:28
Every day on waking, I get some sort of numbness now, no matter what position I sleep, but nothing like when you've slept funny on your arm.
The main culprits for it are the left edge of my left hand (including my little finger), and strangely inside my stomach, on left side, between my ribs and navel. The skin above where the numbness in the stomach is still has complete sensation.

Unlike when I sleep on my arm, I don't get pins and needles after the numbness goes. I know anxiety has a lot of symptoms, but this is one of the difficult symptoms for me.

Edit: Might aswell share the fear and anxiety that comes with the symptom, as this is the right place for that.
The numbness in my little finger, I can bare, but the numbness inside my stomach, I'm worried that I'll wake up one day with the numbness and it'll have done some permanent damage.

tashbarnes87
20-04-11, 09:33
I honestly get this & it scares me too. Everyday i wake up with a numb 4th & ring finger, heres my excact post on it

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=84421 & heres my other post on a numb pelvis- http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=91352

lol we are very similar, the number finger is to do with the ulnar nerve becoming trapped anywhere from the wrist to the elbow. Its almost always due to how your sleeping! xx

Psy
20-04-11, 09:53
Thanks for the quick reply, just read through both the topics, helps ease the mind a little. Been doing my best fighting anxiety for nearly a year now, but sometime I just need to share like this =3

AllInMyHead
20-04-11, 17:29
I've had the same thing with my ulnar nerve, and also similar problems in my legs. Sometimes I get pins and needles afterwards, but usually don't. I've also had it on my scalp and on the top of my back near my shoulder.

I was really scared by it at first, because I thought it would do permanent damage. I remember being told when I was little that pins and needles was because you'd cut the blood supply off, that sounds silly now, but I guess subconsciously I was wondering how long my various body parts could survive without blood.

Anyway, that's definitely not the cause. It's annoying, but not dangerous, so you don't need to worry about it, just accept it as an annoyance like the other symptoms of anxiety. And like tashbarnes87 said, it is most likely to be how you're lying