PDA

View Full Version : Upping dose, good or bad?

Lizziesaurus
20-04-11, 10:49
I wouldn't do it unless my doctor thought I should. I'm currently on 75mg and it's working really well, the depression's lifted, I don't have rapid mood swings and I'm not stressed. However there's still some anxiety there, and I feel I could need abit more of a boost.
I'd worry though if my doctor did agree to uppding the dose if it could make me feel nothing at all? I've had that before on citalopram and I hated it. Can venlafaxine have the same effect?

kibbutz83
20-04-11, 11:02
Hi Lizzie, I'm also on 75mg Venlafaxine, which I increased for a while. But I brought it back down to 75, as I never felt "right" on the higher amount... and I couldn't sleep for more than an hour :( I think maybe a little anxiety is a small price to pay (for me) after all I've suffered!! I did also find that my emotions were completely numbed when I took the higher dose :(

jeffbn
25-04-11, 12:14
Hi i'm bipolar- was put on venlafaxine with no mood stablisers just before i was diagnosed & went into the worse/ longest manic episode i've had.just antidepresents & bipolar dont go well together.but they did pick me up a little when i was depressed .everyone reacts differntly-time to start feeling the effects me was nearly 8 weeks but no side effects. wish i new why paracetamol works for everyone & meds for mental illness react different for each person. when i go on new meds i'm open minded try not to pin your hopes on them or convince yoursef they will not work as the last meds didnt [been on at least 15 different ones over the last 20 years]
hope things go well for you & my ranting on is of help
[also this took me 2 hours to write as i'm dyslexic as well]