PDA

View Full Version : Agitated Depression...anyone had this?

loops81
20-04-11, 11:14
Hi Guys

The hospital mentioned that they think my b/f has agitated depression as well as anxiety.

Just been having a read about it and it does sound like he has. He is constantly pacing, cannot sit still and picks at things, like if I have bits on my leggins he will pick them off quickly.

Has anyone else ever been diagnosed with this?

He will have been on his a/d 2 weeks this Saturday so hopefully they will start to help him soon.

They keep saying his pacing is the anxiety but now I am not so sure :shrug:

xx

loops81
20-04-11, 22:25
Although anxiety also says pacing, racing thoughts etc... I dunno, just hope he starts feeling better soon :)

suzy-sue
21-04-11, 00:28
Sounds like Acute anxiety Loops .I was the same when I went on the Meds .It will pass .Hope tommorow is a bit better .Luv to you both Suex:hugs:

haz
21-04-11, 00:35
Well, if that is the case they may well medicate him accordingly. It can take a while to get a correct diagnosis and also to find a drug or drugs to manage it. But, he will find one and get better, I promise you. I know it must be really hard for you both and despite the annoying "failings" of the NHS (missed doc appts etc.), he really is in the best place to be constantly assessed.

Hang on in there, it won't last forever!

:hugs:

Anxious_gal
21-04-11, 03:14
if this helps, when my anxiety is high, and I'm in panic mode, I will pace , I just walk through the house as I have the urge to move.
anxiety gives you a lot of extra energy , sometimes you need to get rid of that energy or you'll panic.

loops81
21-04-11, 08:06
Aww thanks guys, I really hope it is anxiety because reading about agitated depression, a/d can make it worse!

I do actually think it is anxiety, he has been pacing now for about 4 weeks, I think he is so amazing as this would be awful! He cannot concentrate, like couldn't read.

I am trying to get him to reduce and come off Zopiclone which he has been having for 3 weeks, he wakes confused and very sluggish all morning.

He does keep saying, I just wish the pacing would stop, then i could sit and watch tv or something.

He has his medical review again today, he stayed at mine last night so I have a feeling they will discharge him. He did have suicidal thoughts again this morning but I understand that is common when starting a/d? They are more fleeting now though rather than intense and actually wanting to act on them.

suzy-sue
21-04-11, 10:45
If the Zop is helping him sleep he should stay on them for now Loops .Once hes stable on his ADs it will be easier to come off .Its common to wake up feeling like that ,but he needs to sleep otherwise he could feel a whole lot worse anxiety wise .Not being able to concentrate to read or watch TV is exactly what I was like .It will gradually improve tho .Sounds like thay are starting to kick in with regards to the suicidal thought s .So thats excellent .Wont be long so just try to be patient ..Luv Sue x:hugs:

alicegreen
21-04-11, 11:00
I remember that feeling so well!

I was out of control a couple of weeks after starting on the sertraline and ended up in hospital. I have never felt so desperate or scared in my life, it was horrific.

Good news was that my GP really helped. She gave me some valium for short term use (only ever needed 4) and I also took olanzapine for 6 weeks. This was a wonder drug for me, it enabled me to feel calm, calmer that I had in months. I slept a full night for the first time in over a year when I took my first, didnt even hear hubby getting up to take the kids to school as I woke at 10am!

He sounds like he is in the right place to get the help that he needs, and dont worry too much about the zopiclone, he really needs the rest it gives him, sleep is such a big part of recovery.

Let us know how he gets on. I am still taking sertraline and the occasional betablocker but I have been panic/anxiety free for months now. I hope that that gives you and others hope x

loops81
21-04-11, 11:27
Thank you both :)

He should be having his review anytime now so I will let you know how he gets on.

He is on Clorzepam and Olanzapine so I dread to think what he would be like without these.

He really hates when he has the suicidal thoughts but I suppose they will go soon
xx

loops81
21-04-11, 15:13
They have discharged him. Don't know any more yet as I am at work so can't really talk.

He just text asking if I could find any idea's to help with the down moments?

iamspartacus
21-04-11, 16:32
its too early for a change in diagnosis. wait til he settles on the new meds before dealing with any different issues. meds can cause these things on their own. he needs help to calm down and deal with his anxiety issues first.

haz
21-04-11, 21:59
That's good he's been discharged. :yesyes:

I agree with Sue re: the Zopiclone. Probably a bit too early to come off that just yet.

Never been a "pacer" but I "rock" backwards and forwards and wring my hands!:shrug:

deangraziosi
23-04-11, 04:58
I really need advice for the same issue. I am suffering with the same situation from last 3 years. I always taking more and more sick leaves just because of off mood.

loops81
23-04-11, 07:21
what sort of things do u suffer with? are u pacing too or anything like that? x

sammie
27-04-11, 17:43
yes i had this ( terrible time) but i am fully recovered now so it does go eventually hang in there xxxxxxxxx