PDA

View Full Version : Leukemia, Lymphoma? ARGH!

sophiethestar
20-04-11, 18:28
For about a month I've had a swollen lymph node behind my ear. I went to the Doctor 2 weeks ago, because I was a bit worried as I haven't had any type of infection to cause it. She told me the gland seems okay because it's quite movable so it's probably not dangerous. She also told me to come back in a months time if the gland has not gone away (so i'll be going back on 11th May if it's still there).

Yesterday I noticed some tiny red dots on my skin (they seem to be under the skin). They are so tiny that if I took a photo you probably wouldn't be able to see them. They are smaller than a pinprick. I searched on the internet and the medical term for them is Petechiae I think. They are on my arms mainly and I've noticed some around my knees and a few on my chest.

I've noticed this is a sign of Leukemia and in some cases, Lymphoma. My swollen gland is also a symptom of these illnesses. I'm absolutely terrified and I feel absolutely certain that I've got one of these, although I am a hypochondriac so maybe I am exaggerating. Someone reassure me? Anyone had these symptoms and been fine? I really want the 11th May to hurry up so I can go back the Doctor. I know that if I go any sooner she will send me away because she said she needs to wait at least a month until she nexts see me to measure if the lymph node has grown or not.

I have not experienced any other symtoms. No fatigue or sickness or anything, apart from a headache I had a few days ago, although I think this was probably stress.

sophiethestar
20-04-11, 23:25
Anyone? :unsure:

nomorepanic
20-04-11, 23:53
I don't think they are anything to worry about to be honest. I get them sometimes and they come and go.

Did you find them or went looking for them after googling Leukemia?

london
20-04-11, 23:57
thay will know if you Leukemia, Lymphoma by one blood test
ask for one sophie
but doctors do see illness thay know if you ill or not
i had a high lymp count but no lumps or nothinh
it was soon back to ok thank god as for the read spots go in the chat loads of people have had them its nothing and stop googleing
dont worry god bless

sophiethestar
21-04-11, 12:31
Thank you so much. :) I'm reassured as I'm sure if I had one of these illnesses I'd have more symptoms than these two. Hopefully when I go back to the Doctor on 11th May I'll be able to have a blood test to put my mind at rest completely. :D x

dreena
21-04-11, 12:44
Someone close to me was diagnosed with leukaemia 4 months ago! It's not how the symptoms were at all!! If u had these symptoms you would b quite far into it and b really quite poorly, high temp, anemic, bleeding gums and bruise reall REALLY easy! Not to mention exhausted!! We all thought she had a virus and it kept returning, they had no idea how poorly she really was

Rachel_123
21-04-11, 22:28
i have swollen lymph nodes all the time, it can simply be caused by stress, repeated infections ( i get alot of ent infections) or even just an over active immune system ( i have alot of allergies!).