PDA

View Full Version : anxiety and worrying

Jacsta
20-04-11, 20:23
Hi all

I was just wondering if anyone had any tips or advice for me.

I generally suffer from anxiety, and have had bad depression in the past

I worry alot, and get anxious about everything, and it seems to be getting worse at the moment. As soon as I wake up in the morning my mid is active and planning what i am going to do that day (even if it just involves watching tv, or going for a walk), and am constantly worrying.

I'm good at hiding how anxious I am from other people, so when I tell them how bad I'm feeling they dont seem to belive me.

It's beginning to make me feel quite down, and is preventing me from doing things that need to be done. like today, I took my car for its MOT...dropped it off this morning...and haven't been able to do anything else all day because I've been woryying about the car failing.

I just need help to turn this worrying and anxiety into being practical, and getting things done....at the moment I just seem to shut down.

Hope I make some sense :s

Jac

honeyp1e
20-04-11, 22:23
Hi all

I was just wondering if anyone had any tips or advice for me.

I generally suffer from anxiety, and have had bad depression in the past

I worry alot, and get anxious about everything, and it seems to be getting worse at the moment. As soon as I wake up in the morning my mid is active and planning what i am going to do that day (even if it just involves watching tv, or going for a walk), and am constantly worrying.

I'm good at hiding how anxious I am from other people, so when I tell them how bad I'm feeling they dont seem to belive me.

It's beginning to make me feel quite down, and is preventing me from doing things that need to be done. like today, I took my car for its MOT...dropped it off this morning...and haven't been able to do anything else all day because I've been woryying about the car failing.

I just need help to turn this worrying and anxiety into being practical, and getting things done....at the moment I just seem to shut down.

Hope I make some sense :s

Jac

its all just negative thinking and this is my main problem i worry so so much even over silly things i can be sitting watching the tv and then the next minute i start worrying that the tv has been on to long and wil over-heat etc... seriously am bad but i just basically tell myself to shut up nad get on with whatever i was doing have you ever tried CBT ?

Jacsta
21-04-11, 12:11
have tried cbt in the past. my brain seems to shut down after a while of worrying...so i cant do anything. I just want to be able to complete everyday things...but when they arnt important or due straight away, i put them off, and when they are due i stress out about getting everything done...silly i know lol.