PDA

View Full Version : Cramps !!!! Is this normal?

looking4answers
20-04-11, 20:30
Im finding the older I get the more cramps I have. Im not talking about mild cramps ,im talking about severe disabilitating cramps in both my sides and in my neck and under my arm. I find this happens a lot when I get in a weird position and the cramps last five to fifteen minutes... Also if I use muscles I havent used in awhile.

When I was young I never ever got cramps but started getting the in my forties and even more now in my fifties. Is this a sign of hardening of the arteries or just normal for muscles not being used a lot. Anybody else have this?????

looking4answers
21-04-11, 20:40
WHAT WHAT WHAT..... nobody. answered ? someone is bound to have this.., come on?

suzy-sue
21-04-11, 22:16
Hi Michael .I suffer with cramps especially in my legs .Tho I do get a form of cramp in my neck when I sleep in a funny position .It makes my head feel numb at the base of my skull . I find excercising more helps .Low potassium can cause Cramps too . Try eating a banana a day for a wk and see if it helps .I cannot eat anything in vinegar as this will cause it late at night .White /red wine can cause it too .Even tomatoe ketchup .I dont think its got anything to do with hardening of the arteries but I had it when i was checked out and cholesterol was fine .So that s doubtful .Just another of those annoying little things life throws at you I expect .Try the banana and I hope it helps ..:winks: SUE X

xBettyBoopx
21-04-11, 22:45
Health conscious peeps of today LOL. No really, lack of salt can cause this:ohmy:

Els

xBettyBoopx
21-04-11, 22:46
WHAT WHAT WHAT..... nobody. answered ? someone is bound to have this.., come on?

What? You've gone off line????!!!!!!!!!!:winks::winks::winks: Come on Michael at least stay online to see the replies....................LOL:shrug:

Anxious_gal
21-04-11, 23:39
since your getting older , chances of you having health problems are increasing, maybe you should consider getting a check up.
It would only take maybe 20 minutes out of your 24 hour day, I'm not sure how you'd manage it, but wheres theres a will there is a way :hugs:

I'm sorry I can't reassure you , as I feel it would be wrong of me, considering you said "severe disabilitating cramps"

yes it can be anxiety and stress related, but I still think you should get a full health check up :hugs:

suzy-sue
22-04-11, 00:07
Thanks Elspeth ,that does make sense to me with regard to mine ..Michael you may find this helpful www.medicinenet.com/muscle_cramps/article.htm (http://www.medicinenet.com/muscle_cramps/article.htm).
Sue x

looking4answers
22-04-11, 06:28
Hi Suzy .... that is an awesome article thanks so much.I do eat a banana a day and sometimes two butnit could be a lack of salt ot other chemical. I suppost the only to tell is to go to the Dr. But now that you mention the vinegar thing I think it coincides with the intake of vinigar ...Anyway what a great article.

Els sorry about not staying online, a friend of mines father died and I just found out at that moment and had to go.Thanks to everyone that replied... its grewtly appreciated

xBettyBoopx
22-04-11, 22:22
Els sorry about not staying online, a friend of mines father died and I just found out at that moment and had to go.Thanks to everyone that replied... its grewtly appreciated[/QUOTE]

Michael, I was just kidding! Sorry about your friends father.

Els