PDA

View Full Version : Frustration With Doctors

Cowpy
21-04-11, 12:54
Hi, I originally went to the doctors suffering from sensitive hearing and shooting pains in my head, thay told me to take it easy. Three weeks later i then went back as the symtoms had not got any better and the hearing problem was becoming a real problem at work, they told me to keep busy! Each visit was with a different GP so in frustration i made another appointment with another GP so i could ask what was going on. Between making the appointment and having it the symtoms went from sensitive hearing to ear ache and the headaches are more of a normal forehead headache along with acheing testicles. His first comment was that a had apparently agreed with the previous GP's that i was suffering from anxiety which had never been mentioned in previous consultations! The conversation went round and round untill he said here is some beta blockers, see how it goes! Is the symtoms described normal symtoms of anxiety or is he fobbing me off? And are beta blockers the correct thing to take?? Thanks:shrug:

suzy-sue
21-04-11, 14:06
Unless you are having Panic attacks or acute bouts of anxiety which are being made worse by FAST HEARTBEATS and skipped missed beats .I wouldnt think the beta blockers will help you .Just my opinion tho .Anxiety can cause pains all over the body .this is caused by tension /nerves .Please read throuhg the main menu and articles to the left of this page it explains things better ..Sue x

Cowpy
21-04-11, 14:34
Thanks. I bit of history, i suffered from anxiety 2-3 years ago and resolved this short term with citalapram and long term by councelling and have been fine for years, just feel as though because its on my file everything gets blamed on that now!!