PDA

View Full Version : Excessive wind

moomu
21-04-11, 15:31
So.. hello mr embarrasing, but has anyone on the forums got a problem with excessive wind, usually in the morning and late at night?

Originally i thought it was my diet, however this past week my diet changed entirely because of problems swallowing (which thankfully i'm overcoming), but i still have the issue.

I was told i have too much stomach acid production and was put on Omeprazole, and they do the job brilliantly at stopping the heartburn and constant "sicky-burps" i was experiencing, but still with the wind!

I'm due for a cam down my throat and a barium swallow on 16th may (what ENT arranged for me after an initial nasal camera check for my swallowing problems, all they found was a tiny as the doc put it "probably been there years" cyst, nothing really bad), so if theres anything physically wrong down there hopefully they'll find it

All seems to have started about 3 years ago, before then i did have wind at times, but lately it's almost comedy in the mornings - my partner, god bless her soul, sees the funny side rather than the gross side (thankfully they almost never actually smell!), even asked me to play her a tune once, haha!

But really, has anyone got the same issue? and if so have you found any way to subdue it?, i'd rather not be a one man trumpet quartet in public, lol

oldtime
21-04-11, 15:39
Keep having to leave my desk at work and walk down the corridor, I could fill a hot air balloon sometimes!

moomu
21-04-11, 16:31
Have you noticed how it seems more frequent at the worst possible times?, could this be another spindly arm of the overall panic monster, wanting to play a tune to those around it?

Greenman50
21-04-11, 16:55
Isn,t it just ibs / acid stomach type symtoms wind ??

I,ve had myself in stitchs today at some i,ve done , one lasted for 9 sections and sounded like a twin air horn :yesyes:
Good job i work on my own outside . Lifes pretty sad when the highlight of my day was a 9 second long Tony Heart .

Greenman50
21-04-11, 16:59
Keep having to leave my desk at work and walk down the corridor, I could fill a hot air balloon sometimes!

On Tuesday , get your bottom at an angle , say 10 % incline and bounce one off the chair , this should increase the volume by an extra 30 % (done this at school) . Then blame it on the nearest person to you and report back on here on Tuesday .....i double dare you :roflmao:

suzy-sue
21-04-11, 17:06
You are all now members of the "Trumpet Trouser Club " Founded in 2008 :welcome:...Whether its IBS GERD or Medication .Its always nice to know your not alone ..Avoid white bread Beans cauliflower cabbage and anything else you can think of that causes it . We should start a Thread called "Name that tune ".Think Mel would win tho !by the sound of it :roflmao:Sue

snowgoose
21-04-11, 17:06
:roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:

The wind section of the NMP orchestra tuning up for a rending of Taras theme from Gone with the Wind .:D
thanks guys for best laugh I have had all week

we ladies of course just dont do that :noangel:
stay cool guys :shades:................and outside preferably .

whisper [...it is very common amongst us all here ] x

Greenman50
21-04-11, 17:21
Why is it everyone finds wind really funny :roflmao:
A guy i used to work with recorded 30 minutes worth over a month or so on tape and brought it into work it was hilarious (a man thing ?) .

His brother also told me that when he was a kid , you rember them nylon jim jams you used to have as a kid .....he was sat in front of the telly with them really tight around his bottom and did one with such force it put a tear in them . His brother swears this is true and said to ask his dad if i didn,t believe him , it was confirmed as true .

snowgoose
21-04-11, 17:37
he he !:D
believe it Mel ...........guess the inner child never leaves us ........it really is the last taboo to trump in public ............or with new partner .
you got that tape of your friend on you tube ? :scared15:

thank goodness for sleeping flatulent dogs I say :yesyes:

margaret jones
21-04-11, 18:21
Windy pops dont try setting fire to them could be dangerous :D

Tyke
30-04-11, 03:43
My kids would love a problem like this! I am constantly buying them whoopee cushions because there just aren't enough trumps in our house.

Tyke

Greenman50
01-05-11, 20:33
he he !:D
believe it Mel ...........guess the inner child never leaves us ........it really is the last taboo to trump in public ............or with new partner .
you got that tape of your friend on you tube ? :scared15:

thank goodness for sleeping flatulent dogs I say :yesyes:

Unforetunately i don,t have the tape , i never thought about a utube load up , dam missed out again :D

macc noodle
02-05-11, 07:32
Moi - a trumpeter - never :winks:

I have a pair of very anti-social dogs though :roflmao:

But seriously, it is good to be amongst friends who enjoy the same talents :yesyes:

Jan
x

honeyp1e
03-05-11, 02:24
I suffer with excessive wind really bad but mine is mainly of a night time and god they really stink :blush: mine is most prob all my IBS and down to my poor diet & its gone on an while now i have been panicking like mad thinking something is wrong ts just good to no am not alone i no when all my wind is about to come as my belly grows like an 9months pregnant

95concours
18-05-11, 11:06
O.k. I have been reading this one and have been giggling like a little girl. :roflmao:

I also have a huge issue with creating my own storm cell after onset of panic. The are the most powerful sounding things I have ever heard! I have actually hurt myself a few times pulling off these moments. I am pretty sure I could pull off a 90 db blast no problem!:yesyes:

It's the other ones that get me though, the ones I get after the worst of panic attacks! S.B.D.'s! It's enough to gag a maggot. I have nearly made myself sick a few times. Now imagine that while on tour with four of your band mates and a roadie in a packed VW van full of gear. It's a vicious circle, being claustrophobic-having panic then near killing everyone. :doh:
But I would imagine that poor diet doesn't help either while on the road. Lots of Beer and meat is usually what I ate during a tour.

Meewah
24-05-11, 21:56
You are all now members of the "Trumpet Trouser Club " Founded in 2008 :welcome:...Whether its IBS GERD or Medication .Its always nice to know your not alone ..Avoid white bread Beans cauliflower cabbage and anything else you can think of that causes it . We should start a Thread called "Name that tune ".Think Mel would win tho !by the sound of it :roflmao:Sue

Dont avoid these they are healthy foods. The better food you eat the more you will have wind. Sounds like you are doing just great.

Why not try wind ease or some other product from the chemist.

Mee

Tyke
25-05-11, 21:33
O.It's the other ones that get me though, the ones I get after the worst of panic attacks! S.B.D.'s! It's enough to gag a maggot. I have nearly made myself sick a few times. Now imagine that while on tour with four of your band mates and a roadie in a packed VW van full of gear. It's a vicious circle, being claustrophobic-having panic then near killing everyone. :doh:
But I would imagine that poor diet doesn't help either while on the road. Lots of Beer and meat is usually what I ate during a tour.

Doing that in an enclosed space, especially a moving vehicle should be declared illegal. Especially for those under stress and on that sort of diet. Your poor mates. Did you own up or let everyone else share the blame? :roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::rofl mao::roflmao::roflmao: