PDA

View Full Version : New here but old hand at anxiety :-)

Shin
21-04-11, 21:52
Hi I'm Shin and have suffered with anxiety on and off for 15 years since suffering a nervous breakdown back in 1996.

I was on anti depressants for 18 months at the beginning but then realised I wasn't really living but coasting through life in a bit of a fog.

The medication certainly helped in the beginning but I decided to wean myself off and did so over a couple of months, the first six months off the meds were a bit of a roller coaster but thankfully managed to stop having panic attacks which as we all know are pretty horrible.

The anxiety was still there of and on until about 1999 or 2000 but since then lessened every year, until,.. low and behold just recently I've has a bit of a relapse with the anxiety feelings creeping back since I suffered a nasty virus (possibly swine flu) over the winter.

This is a great site and has really helped to remind me of all the things that can help us and to read about all you brave people facing up to the trials and tribulations of modern living.

diane07
21-04-11, 21:53
Hi Shin

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.

suzy-sue
21-04-11, 22:20
Hi shin and a big :welcome:to NMP .lUV Sue x

Shin
21-04-11, 22:32
Thanks for the welcome Diane and Sue

Vanilla Sky
22-04-11, 10:38
Hi and welcome to NMP :welcome:
Paige x