PDA

View Full Version : fears/symptoms return.

chrissy-311
22-04-11, 15:33
I am Chrissy, 64 years old, I have suffered with anxiety/ panic attacks and agorophobia since I was 25.I have done really well in the last 10/15 years, it was always in the background and would surface when there was any trauma in the family, but I have coped, although i'm never really sure if I learned to cope or if i learned to deal with it.
However recently I have found myself with IBS following gall bladder removal, I was advised to go on a wheat/gluten free diet and it does seem to be working.Looking back now over the last few months it is easy to see why, what has happened, happened.I had got myself so worked up about this problem(the usual like we sufferers, convinced myself i had some life threatening disease.These last few nights I have woken up in the night trembling and feeling terrified, unable to stop this it realy frightened me.Yesterday morning when i was doing my usual self analysis I realised what was happening.All this is due to anxiety and being obsessed with my bowel habits.It is helping realising this, now starts the process of trying not to dwell on this and keep myself busy.Take care.

nomorepanic
22-04-11, 15:36
Hi chrissy-311

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.

tweety
22-04-11, 19:04
hi
chrissy try not to be to hard on yorself hope youfeel better xx:flowers: