PDA

View Full Version : Need help with the dry/delayed drowning again

Hypogirl45
22-04-11, 18:46
I was swimming today got some water in mouth eyes and nose and swallowed some . Im so nauseous now. Can I dry/ delayed drown from this?

MoonlightFire
22-04-11, 18:52
I very much doubt it. I expect you feel sick because of the anxiety. Have you been sick? Everytime i go swimming I swallow a bit of water and get some in my eyes...it must happen all the time. Don't worry hon.

Moonlight Xxx

suzy-sue
22-04-11, 18:52
No you cant .Relax :Dxxsue

paula lynne
22-04-11, 21:42
Chlorine makes you nauseated, you will be ok in a few hours. Suck some mints, this will help x

AllInMyHead
23-04-11, 11:42
Hi Hypogirl, I've replied to one of your other posts on this, what I said there still stands.

And, think about it, if you could drown from getting water in your face or swallowing it, everyone who had ever had a shower or a drink would have drowned!

I know it's difficult when you are anxious about something, but you don't need to worry about this.

How about you keep a bit of a diary on it like they recommend for CBT.

Write down what happened (i.e. you got water in your face and you swallowed some).
Write down how you feel (nauseous, anxious).
Write down what you expect to happen (you are worried you might delay-drown)
Then tomorrow write down what has happened (nausea will be gone, you won't have drowned)

Then next time you go swimming, look at what you wrote, so you can be prepared that you will swallow water (inevitable),then you might feel sick, have a sore throat, be anxious, but you will know that last time everything was fine, so it's not harmful at all. Hopefully over time you will stop being so frightened by this.

PS all credit to you for continuing to swim even though it makes you anxious. The fact you are doing that makes me think you are fairly determined and will be able to overcome the anxiety.