PDA

View Full Version : thoughts during attacks

crazychick
14-04-06, 00:51
does anyone else panic completely during attacks that they forget how to deal with them? sitting now i know in my head if i took an attack i would know exactly how to calm myself down but when i take an attack this seems to go completely unless i am in my own home. if i am at home i can deal with it. i had another attack at work today and all these crazy thoughts were going thorugh my head and one of my collegues had to try and calm me down. i was all worried thinking i can't do this, peope are going to panic and freak out when they see me, i can't deal with this i don't know what to do this can't be happening again trying to apologise and its like i'm not myself when they happen.

skye338
14-04-06, 16:53
Hiya

Yeah I know what you mean....I cant think straight either during an attack and all my good intentions go out of the window. I think its just that when you are that scared all logic dissappears...well it does with me anyway.

Not nice :-( but we have to find a way to calm down...try putting a rubber band around your wrist and snap it during a panic to remind you to try and stay calm and use any methods that work for you to bring the panic down again.

Accept the things you cannot change and have courage to change the things you can.

kirgray
14-04-06, 18:18
Hi crazy chick

Im like this during an attack I have them all day in work, and I do customer services so people come to my desk and ask advise on things every single person I spk to I feel I will stop breathing and want to run away, I find it hard to focus on what they are saying, my mind races I go dizzy and then start talking a million miles an hour!!! Im sure they all think im off my head LOL!!.