PDA

View Full Version : Please can some one tell this just anxiety

tricia56
22-04-11, 20:57
can this be anxiety as when im walking or moving around it feels as if im abit drunk and feels like im walking all over the place in stead of strait its been like this for a few days now and its making me think ive got some thing phisicaly wrong with me like something wrong with my brain and its really gerting me worried and no one i know who has got anxiety have said they dont get like it, and i dont know wat to do

missyneptune
22-04-11, 21:25
Hello tricia56

I often seek similar reassurance from others who have experienced anxiety. I am also trying to reassure myself that most of the symptoms I experience are connected to my anxiety. What helps me is that I stop and think: 'hold on, am I nervous/ anxious because I am alone (at home, on the train, in tesco)'. The answer is yes, because I keep 'getting' the 'what ifs'- 'what if I faint/ collapse', 'who will be there for me'. But then I think, I am perfectly fine if I am not on my own, so I don't have an underlying condition - it must be anxiety.
However, I know so well that it is always easier said then done. When I get very anxious I find it really hard to acknowledge that it is only anxiety. For few days now, I feel lightheaded quite often. It is not real lightheadedness - it is actually hard to explain. It is like I am sitting at my desk and think, 'oh, I am lightheaded, my legs are getting heavy and I will not be able to get up' and 'how will I get home in this state'. Obviously I have to get on with it eventually and it always is fine. Just the feeling/ thought of lightheadedness bothers me. I also feel like I cannot walk straight and then I can also get a bit spaced out, which really feels like I am walking few inches above ground. It is hard to explain the feeling, but I think that it is related to my anxiety.
I am trying to think and be positive, eat well and get enough sleep. I have noticed that if I am hungry and/ or tired all the symptoms get worse and I find it harder to control my anxiety. I am still experimenting and hope that it will go. It is hard work though :-)
I am sorry I mumbled a lot, but it helps me to talk about it and I hope it helps you too to see that it's not only you.
Regards

lolita
23-04-11, 17:00
hi. i am new and i dont even know if i am doing this right. i am suicidal and looking for help too. for four months now i feel as though i am not really here...everything seems alien. i am petrified of what i am feeling. i am in a constant panic and i dont know what the hell i have. i have been put on luvox and its driving me even more crazy.

katexxxx
23-04-11, 18:08
can this be anxiety as when im walking or moving around it feels as if im abit drunk and feels like im walking all over the place in stead of strait its been like this for a few days now and its making me think ive got some thing phisicaly wrong with me like something wrong with my brain and its really gerting me worried and no one i know who has got anxiety have said they dont get like it, and i dont know wat to do
i fel exactly the same sometimes,so it must be anxiety.dont worry at least were not on our own x