PDA

View Full Version : Symptom not nice

rossi
23-04-11, 21:47
Hi can anyone tell me if they have had this Here goes today in the supermarket went to pick something up from the bottom shelf as lent forward my head totally shudderd in side i felt like i was going to fall down i quickly held on to my other half. scared the crap out of me i ran out of there i was shacking and then got hot. I must say have had this before is this a brain zap. suffer of aniexty for 6 years. Also take small amount of diazapmam a day.

jill
24-04-11, 23:47
Hi hun :D:hugs:

I have had a few symptoms around the head area and yes, have had this one, ohhh goodness me they are strange.

I know this is dame hard for you but the more you fear a symptom the more likely it MAY ( note the word MAY) happen again.

It sounds to me there were 2 things going on hear, the fact you bent to the floor, suggest a quick moment, this may of coursed you to feel a little dizzy, but like the speed of sound, your mind over reacted then caused MORE anxiety symptoms, hence, the flight, fight response, you running out of shop.

Or, as you said, anxiety symptom all on its own head zap, which in turn because of fear caused other symptoms of anxiety.

Either way hun, there not nice and are hard not to fear:hugs:

I dealt with this in a few ways, if I ran out and went home, thats was ok, tried soooo dame hard NOT to be hard on myself, sometimes I would, go out of shop, use reassuring statements, them walk back in again, them come out again, but always telling myself, I WILL do this at some point and STAY in the shop no matter how I feel, MMmm but when acute, I say, BUT not just now, BUT I WILL,

I played a lot of mind games with panic, anxiety, the time I decided to stay in the shop I was feeling very scared, I was pushing the clothes across the rails saying "I don't care, do your worse, GO ON, DO IT, give me all you got" them a women came up to me and said, can I help you LOL and that day, just that little distraction of me feeling silly talking to myself, helped me notice, that panic, high levels anxiety left me for a short while. just me noticing this, helped me prove to myself that if I can totally distract myself from how I feel, blimey is panic, fear, does go, Mmmmm this took alot of practice, practice practice, ti was blinking hard.

When I was in my safe zones I used to imagine myself in a shop getting what is needed and singing with NO anxiety, did this al ot, my thoughts were, if my mind has got me into this mess it can also get me out of it, in time.

Hope this has been of some help, even if its just knowing your not alone with this symptom

YOU TAKE CARE

LOVE JILL XXX

rossi
25-04-11, 00:25
Thank you so much for your comments and i know where your coming from with the words DO YOUR BEST DO YOUR WORST lol when i got home i di think to myself i should of gone back in the shop. Could you please tell me what a head zap feels like im getting confused so many people describe it diffrently.Was this a head zap had them on and off now for 3 yaers grhhhh.http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/images/smilies/smile.gif

jill
25-04-11, 00:54
Hi hun :D:hugs:

You can get head Zaps withdrawing from meds, or it can be a side effect of the med, please check with your doc if you have concerns.

You are right, it can be soo confusing because we may all have a similar symptoms, but it can feel different or we describe it differently.

You say your head fell to one side, I felt like I had NO control, for a split second, it would just full forward and I would feel like Mmmm shock, in my head, not pain. Like a quick fullness, Mmm it is dame hard to explain.

I have also had an off balance feeling, it came on really quick, this is in my head, at these times I would feel like I was being pulled to one side, but NO shock feeling with this one.

If you look into symptoms there are lots more threads on this hun.

***i should of gone back in the shop***

Hun, Please don't be to hard on yourself :hugs: Its ok you did not feel like going back into the shop at that time, just tell yourself one day you will, but its going to take time.

Hope this has helped a little

YOU TAKE CARE

LOVE JILL XXX